Re: [hameltech] Re: 11113 Granite and heat and finishes

  • Stephen Brummitt
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 2, 2002
      Depending upon the type of Granite you are using, it can be relatively
      porous, Might it be possible to 'dope' the area to be welded with something
      first, which would eliminate the chipping?

      This may, or may not work at all; but I was thinking that you might try to
      soak the granite in molten bismuth. Allow it to soak into the granite, to the
      depth of the area to be welded. Due to its low boiling point, it should help
      to more evenly distribute the heat, and upon melting, would flow out of the
      weld. Depending on the structural requirements, this might create too much of
      a contaminated connection to be if any use; but, its an idea. There may be
      another material, which is better suited to this process. I would do my best
      to stay away from the fumes, especially if any alloy of lead is used.

      SWB

    • aurora_project2001
      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 12, 2002
        Hi Timothy,

        There are other things that support the use of Geopolymers with this
        technology. The description for making geopolymers is also depicted
        in the ancient Indian scriptures that talk of flying machines of the
        gods, virmanas and such.

        Also there is ample evidence to suggest that GeoPolymers were used by
        both the Egyptian and Mayan/Olmec civilisations. Take a look at Old
        Kingdom pottery. We cant replicate this pottery without the use of
        Geopolyers.

        Imagine a 100% natural substance that could be strengthened to that
        of steel and its own mass contributes to its structural strength.

        As far as the pyramids go, my family comes form egypt, i was just
        there a few months ago, and visited the pyramids. I have always been
        facinated with them and have studied many books written about them.
        Surely you would agree that they contain too much esoteric knowledge
        in them to be just the extravegant pride of a flamboyant upper
        class. Im also sure GeoPolymers were used in some manner even if it
        was to assist with the quarry work and get the precission finish that
        was required for 99% of the structure.

        AP2001