Re: [hameltech] Re: 11113 Water Jet Cutter

  • Val Gruno
    Message 1 of 41 , Feb 2 4:30 AM

        Hi Jon and all,

      The water jet cutter you mentioned may work but limited to thickness. The water jet cutter that I have seen in operation had a max pressure of 10,000 psi. The thickest piece of steel it would cut was a half of an inch thick. This cutter was experimental to see how thick it could go. One half inch was its max. It made good clean cuts on the steel. The edge was as if it were cut with a laser not jagged very smooth and no heat build up. Do not know what it would do on granit or other material. The setup was quite large and run by computer. Took a lot of room and equipment to get a continuous straight line cut. One problem it was very slow. Thought you would be interested.

      Val

      Do You Yahoo!?
    • aurora_project2001
      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 12 6:13 AM
        Hi Timothy,

        There are other things that support the use of Geopolymers with this
        technology. The description for making geopolymers is also depicted
        in the ancient Indian scriptures that talk of flying machines of the
        gods, virmanas and such.

        Also there is ample evidence to suggest that GeoPolymers were used by
        both the Egyptian and Mayan/Olmec civilisations. Take a look at Old
        Kingdom pottery. We cant replicate this pottery without the use of
        Geopolyers.

        Imagine a 100% natural substance that could be strengthened to that
        of steel and its own mass contributes to its structural strength.

        As far as the pyramids go, my family comes form egypt, i was just
        there a few months ago, and visited the pyramids. I have always been
        facinated with them and have studied many books written about them.
        Surely you would agree that they contain too much esoteric knowledge
        in them to be just the extravegant pride of a flamboyant upper
        class. Im also sure GeoPolymers were used in some manner even if it
        was to assist with the quarry work and get the precission finish that
        was required for 99% of the structure.

        AP2001