Re: [hameltech] 11113 Material Request

  • Stephen Brummitt
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 31, 2002

      Why Glass? Wouldn't reenforced ceramic be more desirable, and easier to come by?

      SWB

      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:27 PM
      Subject: [hameltech] 11113 Material Request
       Mr. Hamel just called me - he is looking for a glass tube, 6 feet in length, 12 inches inner diameter 13 inches outer. This tube will be
      used to bring air into the ship, eventually he will need 3. I have done a quick seach on the internet and made some enquiries, no positive results yet. If anyone has any idea where to source this material please contact me and I will follow up.
         He is also looking for more granite! He needs 3 foot by 3 foot pieces 8 inches thick - his suggestion is to have the pieces engraved
      with people's names to be placed on the outside of the ship(I guess like sponsorship). He didn't give me particulars on the granite other than the dimensions - any suggestions for uppliers/cutters etc would be appreciated.

      -Aaron Lishman
      aaron@...

      Why Glass? Wouldn't reinforced ceramic be more desirable, and easier to come by?

      SWB

    • aurora_project2001
      Message 41 of 41 , Feb 12, 2002
        Hi Timothy,

        There are other things that support the use of Geopolymers with this
        technology. The description for making geopolymers is also depicted
        in the ancient Indian scriptures that talk of flying machines of the
        gods, virmanas and such.

        Also there is ample evidence to suggest that GeoPolymers were used by
        both the Egyptian and Mayan/Olmec civilisations. Take a look at Old
        Kingdom pottery. We cant replicate this pottery without the use of
        Geopolyers.

        Imagine a 100% natural substance that could be strengthened to that
        of steel and its own mass contributes to its structural strength.

        As far as the pyramids go, my family comes form egypt, i was just
        there a few months ago, and visited the pyramids. I have always been
        facinated with them and have studied many books written about them.
        Surely you would agree that they contain too much esoteric knowledge
        in them to be just the extravegant pride of a flamboyant upper
        class. Im also sure GeoPolymers were used in some manner even if it
        was to assist with the quarry work and get the precission finish that
        was required for 99% of the structure.

        AP2001