Hamels rings

  • John Berry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2002
      I have a question about the rings in the different Hamel designs.

      Is there any device that hamel directly claims has worked correctly with
      flat rings?

      As opposed to the bands in the 45 Gallon drum setup.

      I am making a device that tries to simulate the workings of a Hamel
      device.
      It rotates powered by a universal 1kw motor, but the setup uses flat
      rings rather than bands.

      Are flat ring known to work?

      I know some of Hamels designs do have flat rings, but have any worked
      for sure?
      Also what materials can be used for the rings?

      Aluminum? Steel?

      Thanks