Re: [hameltech] 11112 Rejection Magnets?

  • Bryan St.Clair
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
      Val,

      First, the cones need to be nearly weightless when
      sitting in their suspension rings! At this point, I
      don't really care where the physical point of
      reference between the suspension ring and cone ring
      is, as long as everything floats correctly.
      Second, I don't have a good formula for figureing the
      rejection magnets yet, as the set-ups that I've tried
      with more success haven't been what I'd originally
      thought they should be. My rejection magnets are all
      smaller than they appear to need to be using the
      matrix. Also, I've had much better luck using
      different sized magnets between the top cone and lid
      magnet. With my M3CD, which is a 4 inch cone design,
      I ended up with a 3/4" round magnet on the top cone,
      with a 3/8" round magnet on the lid.
      Now that I'm working bigger, I thought that maybe
      this was an anomoly with the smaller devices, but it
      also seems to be an issue with the larger devices
      also. The 45GD uses 19.5" cones, and I've got 3.75"
      doughnut magnets in the center of each of them. Using
      that size for a rejection magnet turned out to be a
      problem.
      First off, it didn't work! It would viberate for a
      few minutes then stop.
      Second, it cracked one of the rejection magnets! I
      believe that it cracked because of an energy
      viberation problem using that size magnet for the
      rejection.
      Now I'm using a 1.75" doughnut magnet, with a .75"
      round magnet in the center of it, as the cone
      rejection magnet. The lid magnet is a stack of five
      of the .75" round magnets.
      The 45GD has been viberateing now for close to a
      month! I'm still in the fine-tuneing stages also, but
      getting closer!
      Good luck with your device!! If you have questions,
      don't hesitate to contact me! I'm not an expert, but
      I think that David Hamel is the only real expert that
      I know and we're just trying to learn what he already
      understands.

      Truly,
      Bryan St.Clair

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Val Gruno
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001

         Hi Mike Mo,

        I have repositoned the cones. The verticle height is now about 15mm. Before your post it was about 6mm. They are at the point where they want to lift out of the rings floating if you will. I have read your post on Eulers Disk and found it informative. As soon as Bryan gives me an answer to my question --the answer I think he will give --I will give you a theory which I have been thinking about for some time regarding the cones.If he does not give me the answer that I am looking for I will not waste anybodys time with the theory.

        Val

        Do You Yahoo!?