Re: [hameltech] Resonant Frequency More

  • jdobson@dellepro.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
      Look into the Moray device re: healing with frequency. It's been done.

      Jess
      "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
      regard those who think alike than those who think differently." --Wilhelm
      Nietzsche, "THE DAWN"
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
        search the tesla sites, I've seen one or two programs there that can do that
        but I can't remember where and they've probably moved by now.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
          I have ~5-6 of these programs. I would like the formulas so I could
          manipulate them to solve what I need. One of the program tells the
          best wire gauge to use, but you can't input it.
          Any electrical engineers in the group ;-) ?
          -Justin

          --- In hameltech@y..., "Georgia Hartley" <ghartley@t...> wrote:
          > search the tesla sites, I've seen one or two programs there that can
          do that
          > but I can't remember where and they've probably moved by now.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Russ Jones
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
            Hello Justin,

            The answer to your question depends on a few variables you have
            not yet mentioned pertaining to your application, such as how the
            coil will be coupled in your intended circuit. There are so many
            variables, a little more information is necessary to scope the
            problem. What kind of bandwidth, for instance, do you want this
            coil to respond to? What kind of Q do you want?

            Here are a couple of quick-study refreshers to acquaint you with
            some of the basics. In your typical LCR circuit (a coil with
            inductance L, resistance R and capacitance C), resonance is when
            the inductive reactance (X sub L) is made equal to the circuits'
            capacitive reactance (X sub C). To complicate matters, these
            two have opposite effects on the impedance (Z) of the circuit.
            X sub L and X sub C can only be equal for one frequency, and it
            is this relationship that allows resonance (and radio) to work.

            Here are some links for you to look over at your convenience:
            http://www.tpub.com/neets/
            http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/index.htm
            http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/34b.htm
            http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/34.htm

            They discuss some basic principles that you might not have seen
            on the Tesla sites you've looked through. Since the diameter of
            the coil-wire and the spacing of the windings is of most concern
            to you, consider the effect of increasing or decreasing these on
            the reactive inductance and reactive capacitance of the whole
            circuit that your coil is part of.

            You can e-mail me off-list if you have more questions. I don't
            have all the answers, but if I don't know the answer directly,
            I can certainly tell you where to find one that works for your app.

            Best Regards,

            Russ Jones, Lightwave Engineer
            Johnston Technical Services