Resonant Frequency More

  • ballantyne@golden.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi Justin.

      The resonant freq. of the human is in the 7 hz . rqnge. A point of
      interest, as you approach the 8hz range you get in the range that
      healing people have been measured. Those that can lay on hands or
      have the healing touch. Truly Mac.
    • jszymanek2000@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hey guys,

        I'd like to thank everyone for their input on the human resonance freq
        question. Now I have another one. Does anyone have formulas that can
        be used to calculate the resonance freq. of a coil? I have found a
        few, but in particular, I am looking for one that includes the gauge
        of the wire.

        So far the ones I have found include the diameter and height of the
        coils. Other use only the diameter and the number of turns. I
        basically would like to be able to find the spacing between wraps to
        get a coil to resonate at a certain freq, when I have the diameter and
        length fixed.

        -Justin
      • jdobson@dellepro.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
          Look into the Moray device re: healing with frequency. It's been done.

          Jess
          "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
          regard those who think alike than those who think differently." --Wilhelm
          Nietzsche, "THE DAWN"
          > The resonant freq. of the human is in the 7 hz . rqnge. A point of
          > interest, as you approach the 8hz range you get in the range that
          > healing people have been measured. Those that can lay on hands or
          > have the healing touch. Truly Mac.

        • Georgia Hartley
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
            search the tesla sites, I've seen one or two programs there that can do that
            but I can't remember where and they've probably moved by now.

          • jszymanek2000@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
              I have ~5-6 of these programs. I would like the formulas so I could
              manipulate them to solve what I need. One of the program tells the
              best wire gauge to use, but you can't input it.
              Any electrical engineers in the group ;-) ?
              -Justin

              --- In hameltech@y..., "Georgia Hartley" <ghartley@t...> wrote:
              > search the tesla sites, I've seen one or two programs there that can
              do that
              > but I can't remember where and they've probably moved by now.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Russ Jones
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
                Hello Justin,

                The answer to your question depends on a few variables you have
                not yet mentioned pertaining to your application, such as how the
                coil will be coupled in your intended circuit. There are so many
                variables, a little more information is necessary to scope the
                problem. What kind of bandwidth, for instance, do you want this
                coil to respond to? What kind of Q do you want?

                Here are a couple of quick-study refreshers to acquaint you with
                some of the basics. In your typical LCR circuit (a coil with
                inductance L, resistance R and capacitance C), resonance is when
                the inductive reactance (X sub L) is made equal to the circuits'
                capacitive reactance (X sub C). To complicate matters, these
                two have opposite effects on the impedance (Z) of the circuit.
                X sub L and X sub C can only be equal for one frequency, and it
                is this relationship that allows resonance (and radio) to work.

                Here are some links for you to look over at your convenience:
                http://www.tpub.com/neets/
                http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/index.htm
                http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/34b.htm
                http://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/34.htm

                They discuss some basic principles that you might not have seen
                on the Tesla sites you've looked through. Since the diameter of
                the coil-wire and the spacing of the windings is of most concern
                to you, consider the effect of increasing or decreasing these on
                the reactive inductance and reactive capacitance of the whole
                circuit that your coil is part of.

                You can e-mail me off-list if you have more questions. I don't
                have all the answers, but if I don't know the answer directly,
                I can certainly tell you where to find one that works for your app.

                Best Regards,

                Russ Jones, Lightwave Engineer
                Johnston Technical Services