[hameltech] random thoughts/questions

  • Ryan Hopkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      There are wo websites that have info on a certain idea proposed by Mr. Hamel
      which involves nested gears with magnets in opposition around each gears'
      periphery. For the life of me, I can't seem to find either of those sites!
      One of them has the diagram, and the other has quite a few pictures of the
      person's (seemingly gearless) prototype. If any of you all could help by
      supplying these URL's, I would be most appreciative. The reason I ask this
      is because, due to some weekend thinking, I have found that the
      configuration has some striking resemblances to another current exotic
      research device called the GIT, or gyroscopic inertial thruster. It would
      seem that combining the two systems, i.e. a GIT with magnets around its edge
      surfaces, may have some significant effects indeed.
      Ryan