Re: The 'P' word

  • Adriaan Erasmus
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      Chris

      Thanks for that bit of info there ;-) Can you explain the difference
      between a plasma and a group of positive ions, to all of us then ?

      I would have to apologize to everybody that read my previous posts as
      I am obviously unaware of what a plasma really is !

      If I am right, you are going to say something like - ' a plasma is
      what remains when all of the electrons are removed from the atom. The
      more electrons that get removed the closer this substance gets to
      being a true plasma.'

      Am I right with the above ?

      Sorry everyone for confusing you all with my continuous ranting about
      PLASMA ( what I should have said was POSITIVE IONS ).

      Good luck to you all
      Adriaan.
    • Chris Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hi Adraain,
        You are absolutely right. A plasma IS where a group of
        atoms have been exited enough to liberate all of their electrons. The whole
        mass exists (nucleus & electrons) in a kind of high energy soup. The
        energy/temperature has to be so high that the electrons cannot loose enough
        energy to settle into an orbit around a nucleus (protons & neutrons).
        A plasma is normally contained by strong, constantly
        controlled, electromagnetic fields which hold the plasma in suspension , so
        to speak. I have read that the task of keeping the plasma contained is like
        trying to push jelly (jello) into a sphere using rubber bands! Once the
        plasma is successfully contained, however, the temperature is kept up by the
        application of microwaves into its core.

        [There is a project called JET (the 'Joint European
        Toroid'), which is basically a contained donut shaped plasma, which once
        brought up to high enough temperatures and pressures (approaching that of
        the centre of our Sun), it is expected that nuclear fusion will take place.
        When I read an article on it a few years ago, they had reached the necessary
        temperatures and also the pressures but never both at once. The bigger the
        device, the more efficient it becomes and the easier it is to sustain both
        conditions - if the device is built over a certain size, then the efficiency
        goes well over 100%, apparently but with a predicted price tag (about five
        years ago) in excess of $6Billon (US) each. Needless to say, the funding has
        not been forthcoming, although they predicted that six of the devices could
        power most of the energy requirements of the northern hemisphere - yes
        really!!
        This is yet another chance for us to achieve the goal of
        clean, (virtually) free energy. I say virtually, because the main
        constituent of the reaction that needs renewing is Lithium Hydride but this
        can easily be filtered from ordinary sea water - and we have enough to last
        us millions of years !! Also another great thing about this plasma toroid is
        that if, for some reason, the control mechanisms that contain it fail, then
        the reaction just stops - no melt down, no radiation, it just stops.
        Several $billion sounds a lot I suppose but remind me
        someone, how much does the 'developed world' spend on defence each year ???]

        Anyway Ariaan, I hope this was of some interest and keep
        the posts coming!

        Regards,
        Chris Hughes.

        >Chris

        >Thanks for that bit of info there ;-) Can you explain the difference
        >between a plasma and a group of positive ions, to all of us then ?

        >If I am right, you are going to say something like - ' a plasma is
        >what remains when all of the electrons are removed from the atom. The
        >more electrons that get removed the closer this substance gets to
        >being a true plasma.'

        >Am I right with the above ?

        >Sorry everyone for confusing you all with my continuous ranting about
        >PLASMA ( what I should have said was POSITIVE IONS ).

        >Good luck to you all
        >Adriaan.
      • Adriaan Erasmus
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          Chris

          Thanks for the rundown of plasma.
          Correct me if I am wrong. If we can continually send a vortex of
          positive ions through the same process that rips its electrons off we
          would eventually end up with a true plasma. - speculating ;-)

          OR

          If we could cause a tornado of positive ions to reach a state of
          ressonance at an extremely high frequency - we could theoretically
          increase the energy in the tornado and cause more electrons to escape
          the atoms until we have a true plasma. The high energy buildup will
          then prevent electrons from recombining.

          If we then could form a liquid plasma that rotates around a hollow
          conductor - this positive plasma is controlled by a negative medium
          which is inside the hollow conductor ( attraction ).

          Eventually the craft + the plasma around it forms a nucleus and all
          the free electrons around the NEW nucleus will fit into NEW orbits
          and that is the creation of an ATOM as written above most of Mr.
          Hamels drawings of the craft.

          What do you think of the above ? Is it possible ? Do you think thats
          how it could work ?

          What do you think is the bright corona around the prototype that took
          off ?

          According to Bob Lazar - the physicist that worked at Area 51 there
          are two types of gravity. Gravity A and Gravity B. Gravity A is at
          Atomic level and Gravity B is the BIG Gravity we experience on earth.
          Gravity B is the weak one because we can temporarily break it by
          merely jumping in the air. Gravity A is very very strong and can be
          accessed when atoms split under controlled conditions. Some elements
          like element 115 ( not found on earth ) has a gravity A wave that
          extends past the perimeter of the atoms that make up this element.

          By creating something that resembles a huge atom with millions and
          millions of electrons orbiting a HUGE nucleus consisting of millions
          and millions of protons and neutrons - we can have an even stronger
          gravity A wave that could provide all the gravity and propulsion
          needed in such a craft.

          Let me know what you think !

          Adriaan