Re: Ancient Indian Vimana

  • Adrian Asfar
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 3, 2001
      The spinning mercury may be used to induce a magnetic field. (I.e.
      when you spin Iron or steel at high velicity it creates a magnetic
      field.) A Chunk of magnetic material/Rock/asteroid whatever could be
      used to spin a volume of mercury to create a uniform field.

      "Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating
      apparatus underneath. By means of the power (magnetism?) latent in
      the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting
      inside may travel a great distance in the sky."

      Would be an interesting experiment. Attach a magnet to hi-speed
      motor. Place a beaker of mercury above it and turn it on. Might do
      some wierd stuff tehe.

      Im no chemist, but mercury seems to be a combination of a
      plasma/solid. I.e. It has the properties of both. Is it magnetic?

      Regs

      Ad.