Re: [hameltech] Ozone present

  • Bryan St.Clair
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 30, 2001
      Very good! Am anxious to here how your test runs go. Are you useing a top
      rejection magnet? Wat are the general specifications?

      Bryan st.Clair

      From: maynelog@...
      To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hameltech] Ozone present
      Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 02:00:02 -0000

      Ok i have completed my Mini 3CD and have been testing the device.

      I have gone about the construction the same way Chris F made his
      except for a bottom Vibrating unit
      I have made a Vibrating plate that my Osilater sits apon using a
      Laser printer Motor and a dc power supply.
      I alligned the cones and turned the Vibrator on.There is good
      vibration on the osilator and the cones wobble quite a bit
      After about 15 Minutes the cones seem stop moving but the osilator is
      still moving heaps
      After 20 minutes i smelt Ozone and then turned the unit off.
      I will be conducting more tests on the unit this week

      I understand that im defeting the purpose putting power into the unit
      but im keen to make plasma ;-)

      Also wondering if anyone else has tryed a bottom Vibrating plate?
      ta
      Chris
      Oz

      Post message: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: hameltech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2001
        Yea cheers dave
        i was quite amazed myself
        ok just got a new sony digital camera today so i will take some pics
        tonite
        Tryed last night for 5 hours to generate the first test but had no
        luck. Balance was a major issue as the osilater kept vibrating apart,
        best time was 12 Minutes
        I also removed the top repeling magnet so i might put that back
        tonite and run some more tests.

        cheers and may the force be with you

        Chris
        Oz

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • maynelog@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2001
          Hi Bryan

          I used a top rejection magnet in the first test run where i smelt the
          ozone but last night i took it off and let it run , nothing happened
          i will put it back tonite and run the same tests
          Im using the threaded rods and my whole unit sits about 35 cm high
          Aluminium egg rings were used as the top cone rings with aluminium
          supports inside of them
          My cones are not perfect and now very dented due to them unbalancing
          and falling over.
          Two aluminium triangular plates are used for top and bottom support
          and the osilator is made much the same as chris f design but i made
          cement cups instead
          i will take a few shots tonite and post them so you can get a better
          idea

          The hardest problem im facing is Balance when the vibrator is on
          that little osilator is worken overtime ;-)
          i mentioned in my first post i was amazed to see after 15 min the
          cones stationary and the osilator still going hard
          i will keep worken on it but now very keen to build bigger trying a
          bottom Vibrating unit ;-)

          cheers
          Regards
          Chris
          Oz

          --- In hameltech@y..., "Bryan St.Clair" <thestclairs@h...> wrote:
          > Very good! Am anxious to here how your test runs go. Are you useing
          a top
          > rejection magnet? Wat are the general specifications?
          >
          > Bryan st.Clair
          >

          > From: maynelog@y...
          > To: hameltech@y...
          > Subject: [hameltech] Ozone present
          > Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 02:00:02 -0000
          >
          > Ok i have completed my Mini 3CD and have been testing the device.
          >
          > I have gone about the construction the same way Chris F made his
          > except for a bottom Vibrating unit
          > I have made a Vibrating plate that my Osilater sits apon using a
          > Laser printer Motor and a dc power supply.
          > I alligned the cones and turned the Vibrator on.There is good
          > vibration on the osilator and the cones wobble quite a bit
          > After about 15 Minutes the cones seem stop moving but the osilator
          is
          > still moving heaps
          > After 20 minutes i smelt Ozone and then turned the unit off.
          > I will be conducting more tests on the unit this week
          >
          > I understand that im defeting the purpose putting power into the
          unit
          > but im keen to make plasma ;-)
          >
          > Also wondering if anyone else has tryed a bottom Vibrating plate?
          > ta
          > Chris
          > Oz
          >

          > Post message: hameltech@y...
          > Subscribe: hameltech-subscribe@y...

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Raymond
          Message 4 of 15 , May 1, 2001
            Hi Chris,
            Glad to hear you're having some success. I have been thinking a lot
            about an external device to cause the cones to move. I must admit I never
            thought to vibrate the bottom Oscillator unit. Congratulations!
            Could you give a little more info on how you attached the motor. And
            also, would you have any idea as to the RPM's of the motor? Are you using
            it at verying speeds?

            Thanks, and keep up the good work.

            Ray L.

          • ewebber@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 15 , May 1, 2001
              Chris, that's great... are you varying the frequency(speed) of the
              vibrator? If not, you should maybe attach a variable rheostat... this
              way you can try to find the resonant frequency of the device... I
              think once in resonance you should be able to achieve better
              results...

              Eugene

            • ewebber@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 15 , May 1, 2001
                Chris, that's great! Can you control the frequency (speed) of the
                vibrator? If not, you should consider attaching a variable rheostat
                to control the speed (frequency)) of the vibrator... By doing this
                you can tune the vibrator to the resonant frequency of your device..
                Once resonance is reached, I think, you will get much better results.
                Good luck,

              • maynelog@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 15 , May 1, 2001
                  hi Eugene

                  No im not varying the speed as yet but its a good idea
                  The motor im using is a Oki Laser Steping motor. Its the one that
                  turns the rollers of the printer
                  It is a 8.6v DC and im pumping 15v into it ,
                  I did try a lower voltage but it does nothing
                  when i applied a higher Voltage , the unit started to Vibrate instead
                  of turning the spool,im not quite sure why it does this maybe someone
                  else knows about steping motors in the group

                  take it easy
                  Chris
                  Oz

                • maynelog@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 1, 2001
                    Cheers ray
                    Yea i dont know why i did it
                    it just seemed right at the time

                    The motor is sandwiched bettween two wooden Circle costers that i
                    got from the hardware
                    I drilled a hole in one so that the cog from the motor fitted tight
                    in the hole. I then put some sponge on the top of the motor and put
                    the other coster on top.
                    Aluminium tape was used to enclose the unit and 3 One inch magnets
                    were used as base supports as the cog sticks out
                    Im amazed that the motor hasent burn out yet but if it does i will
                    build another unit as i have about 6 of them

                    I couldent tell you of the RPM's all i can say is its a stepping
                    Motor that i have no control over the speed
                    i will try and attach a pic to the files section of hameltech for ya
                    hope this helps

                    cya

                    Chris
                    Oz

                    --- In hameltech@y..., "Raymond" <rlawhead@r...> wrote:
                    > Hi Chris,
                    > Glad to hear you're having some success. I have been thinking
                    a lot
                    > about an external device to cause the cones to move. I must admit
                    I never
                    > thought to vibrate the bottom Oscillator unit. Congratulations!
                    > Could you give a little more info on how you attached the
                    motor. And
                    > also, would you have any idea as to the RPM's of the motor? Are
                    you using
                    > it at verying speeds?
                    >
                    > Thanks, and keep up the good work.
                    >
                    > Ray L.

                  • David Koukourou
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 1, 2001
                      I have a good idea for a vibrator. Look in the humble sex vibrator. They
                      all come from china. look for the device with a red speed control on the
                      battery cover. you can discard the rubber outer covering and you have a
                      speed controller and a motor. Inside the motor is a mass on an axle which,
                      when the motor turns, vibrates. it is the perfect motion for the oscillator
                      and I'm sure if you simply glue or tape the motor to the oscillator top it
                      would move in circles like we want.
                      also the device is battery powered which may be good to suppress any
                      int4erference from the device.

                      David K

                    • maynelog@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 1, 2001
                        I dunno dave
                        I dont want to get caught in a sex shop Buying a Vibrator, hehhehhe

                        its a better idea than mine but
                        give it a go
                        I posted some pics of mine in the hameltech files section
                        did ya see them?
                        ta
                        Chris

                      • jgogos@axa.com.au
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 1, 2001
                          Hmmm, sorry David but curiosity got the better of me,
                          your knowledge encompasses the many and varied,,,,he,he.
                          However i'm sure you have a valid point, i just can't bring
                          myself to walking upto the counter and buying one.

                          JG..Downunder

                          Important Note
                          This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
                          confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not
                          the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
                          email. If you have received this email in error please notify the
                          sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
                          email are not necessarily the views of AXA. Thank you.
                        • jszymanek2000@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 2, 2001
                            Well all you need to do is buy a small motor and attach a weight to
                            the shaft. The weight needs to be unbalanced so when the motors spins
                            it will vibrate. The sqiggle pen (pen vibrates so it writes all funny)
                            (?) had a system like this, a motor attached to a weight which was
                            shaped like this ==> .-)
                            Less work, and you can buy the parts at radio shack instead ;-)
                            -Justin

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 5, 2001
                              Well at least you have an interesting excuse : I need it to build a
                              spacecraft based on alien technology.....

                              David K