[hameltech] M3CD2 Construction Progress for 04-01-00

  • The Szymanek's
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 9:15 PM
      Hi Everyone!
      Today we went to the dump. While there I found 2 microwaves, and
      took them apart. I came home with 2 AC motors, a high voltage
      transformer, a big capacitor, and most importantly 4 very nice large
      donut magnets. Two of these will be used for the top repelling magnets.
      They are ~2.25" in diameter, but I haven't measured them yet. I
      completed the middle and top cone ring this afternoon, and got the cones
      balancing. The middle cone only has a 1/2" air gap, and there is a lot
      of lift on it. It will violently jump out of it's socket. These are very
      strong fields and this jumping out has broke several magnets off their
      rings once. The top cone helps to hold it down, but with out rejection
      magnets it can't. In the photos the middle cone is taped down so
      everything will stay put. Once I get the rejection magnets in place it
      will hold everything down. This is the next task to complete, along with
      the wiring and some minor adjustments. Then comes the shell. One thing
      is for sure, all this lift will make for super responsive cones. The
      oscillator is loose enough that it moves very well, as do the cones.
      This machine is turning out awesome! I am very pleased, and getting very
      excited!
      The photos can be seen at my site @
      http://members.xoom.com/undergsci/m3cd2piclog.html
      -Justin