Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

[hameltech] 45GD Progress Report 03-05-00

Expand Messages
  • The Szymanek's
    Hi, Today I rebuild the housing for the staff (control rod) on the 45GD. I cut the tin down to size, so the cylinder is tight around the assembly, and the lid
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2000
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,
      Today I rebuild the housing for the staff (control rod) on the 45GD.
      I cut the tin down to size, so the cylinder is tight around the
      assembly, and the lid is near the plunger magnet. Chris told me that the
      space between the shell and the magnets should be kept to a minimum. I
      also drilled holes in the lid, to allow for air flow. The plunger magnet
      is now fixed to the frame, and quite solid. Hopefully it's the right
      distance above the staff, I got it as close as it would stay before
      knocking the staff right over. Was about to do a test run, but had to
      chase some cowz, so it never happened. Hopefully tomorrow. I will also
      get some pics of it up soon. Didn't touch the M3CD today. Yesterday it
      was already for a run, and the cones all at once quit balancing
      properly. I'm getting fed up with that machine. I have begun building
      the M3CD2 (w/ 8" cones), and it will be top priority for the next while.
      Hopefully I will get some 45GD runs in while I'm working on it. As for
      the M3CD1, well if I can make it balance for run (because it was
      balancing before), and if not, well its potato gun ammo :-)
      -Justin
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.