Re: WIS Question (yes, I do know the answer to these questions)

  • jszymanek2000
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 25, 2010
      LOL, yes still alive, studies are long behind me, at least the university ones.

      Justin

      --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, Steven O <steveopdx@...> wrote:

      > JUSTIN!!!
      > YOU'RE ALIVE!
      > Long time no hear! How goes the studies, man?
      >

      > On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:41 PM, jszymanek2000 <jszymanek2000@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Nice to see some life in the group.
      > >
      > > FYI Matt has a copy of the book in the files section,

      > > You will need to download all the pieces and unrar them. This appears to be
      > > a earlier verion with some handwritten notes in. Page 290 in the book (302
      > > in the pdf file) has the WIS diagram mentioned by granite spider (I would be
      > > interested to see the bearing drawing you mentioned).
      > >
      > > I have made some attempts at WIS devices in the past, and my advice for
      > > anyone who wants to try build one is to machine as many parts as possible.
      > > Precision is key, the magnetic devices have a lot more cushion for errors.
      > >
      > > Dan, the 'high road vs low road' video is pretty cool. Makes perfect sense
      > > if you think about it. One idea that popped into my mind would be to test a
      > > SMOT setup using a low road style track (ie rollercoster). I remember
      > > reading about the SMOT builders attempting to 'close the loop' probably 10
      > > years ago and no one could do it. I wonder if using a 'low road' style track
      > > would allow for a greater 'regauging' effect if the ball was moving at a
      > > high speed as it left the end of the ramp? Weight into speed...
      > >
      > > http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/smotidx.htm
      > >
      > > Justin

    • PICO
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 26, 2010
        Granite
        I know you are looking for space -- would you think about organizing a working party? Folks could bring tents, vans, campers and food   No real need to organize much - build it and they will come ...
        Dell

        On 1/26/2010 5:14 PM, granite spider wrote:

        thats right....... .the wings that we have  now are approx. 8ft across x 3, the next set is to be double that 16ft across time 3 and the 3rd set was is to be 32 ft across X 3 wings....... davids craft is approx. 8o ft high by 180 ft wide........ .