Re: [hameltech] Death of Religion and Technology

  • martin venter
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 25, 2009
      Hi Everyone

      What is the argument here ? God (and Jesus) are spirits and
      we have spirtis - anyone of us who "links" to our spirit
      bodies in this world has these supernatural abilities.
      Problem is we lost it when falling into sin via Adam. So,
      there is nothing "fancy" about this, in fact, the sorcerers
      of Farao did these things eons ago. This will not change
      the fact that JESUS IS ALIVE !

      Blessings.

      “EAST RAND SECURITY EXPO NOW ON”

      http://www.swiftsms.co.za/swiftT/track.asp?e=*em*&cid=113&u=8&tid=2011
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 25, 2009

        I hope this isn’t going to degenerate into religious fervor!

        Religion has caused more wars and suffering than anything else!

        It certainly has never solved any technical problems, hence the decline of the Arab nation, that gave us our math and numerical systems!

        Ok, the ‘apparent’ values of the church (WHICH ONE???) seem to provide a good moral base for life, until they want to ‘interpret & modify’ such that, for instance homosexuality is no longer a religious crime! And the muslims want to convert or kill all that are not muslims!

        300 years ago, Protestant & Catholic church murdered about as many as a percentage, and torture as we cannot imagine.

        Like was it Guy de Molar, that the Pope ordered a small charcoal fire while he burnt at the stake, so he was conscious to watch his legs burn off:? Or the regular inquisition that put lard on people’s feet and cooked the flesh down to the bone in front of a charcoal fire?

        ‘GOD BOTHERERS’ is a good name.

        “Give unto Caesar which belongs to him” applies here, go worship your Gods, and DON’T bring it into technical work, or all will surely be lost for ever!

        Mike.

        Mike. J. Furness (agnostic)