Any successes out there?

  • mikemo500
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
      It's been a long time again since my last post, but as always, I've
      been thinking.

      It looks like the post volume on this board has slowed down since I
      joined in 2000. I guess that means it isn't working out yet, huh.

      I was reading a cool article:
      http://www.enterprisemission.com/Von_Braun.htm

      In it, they talk about a DePalma expermient (page 2 of the article)
      where a spinning ball and a non-spinning ball were ejected with the
      same force. The spinning ball went higher faster, and them dropped
      faster than the non-spinning ball.

      It goes on to say that this effect is still an anomoly "that
      (somehow!)changes a spinning object's inertia against "an outside
      force," compared to one that's NOT spinning..."

      Let's call it the "Depalma inertia quotient".

      I'm wondering if this effect can also be achieved with a spinning
      magnetic flux. The cones themselves do not rotate, but the magnetic
      flux does.

      Now, imagine that the top cone experiences a SLIGHT change in inertia
      due to the high speed rotating magnetic flux, causing a change in
      it's resting postion from normal, to slightly higher. At this
      position, it encounters an increased force from the compression of
      the lid magnet, which tips the cone slightly. The tipping of the
      cone creates a larger range of motion at the rim. Anyone who has
      ever seen an ice skater spin knows that a wider diameter of spinning
      motion is slower than a smaller diameter. So the cone slows down
      slightly, thereby losing it's Depalma inertia quotient, and it drops
      back down away from the lid magnet where its rotation motion will go
      back to a smaller radius, and speeds back up. When this happens, the
      cone gets it's Depalma inertia quotient back, and it lifts. The
      cycle is created.

      Note, that no energy, other than the initial input is created. The
      speeding up and slowing down cycling is all a result of the changing
      inertia quotient in a back and forth dance with the radius of
      rotation.

      It sits low, away from the lid, so it tightens up the radius, thereby
      speeding up---it raises.

      Getting close to the lid force, it tips, widening the radius, thereby
      slowing down---it falls.

      Eventually, this scheme will stop with a single cone. But stay with
      me.

      It is important that the rotation speed (of the flux) achieve the
      frequency needed to have an effect on the upward inertia of the cone,
      and that the tip causes enough of a radius increase to get the
      minimum rotational slowdown to cause it to fall again.

      The only problem I see is that there needs to be an upward
      acceleration to take advantage of the Depalma effect. Could it be
      that the upward acceleration comes from the straightening of the cone
      below it? Could it be that 3 cones of this nature could be brought
      into concert to provide the upward acceleration from cone to cone
      just before raising?

      I return to my thoughts that this would require a different cup and
      balls configuration. I'm not certain, but the cup and balls remain
      the outlying problem in my mind.
    • schaeffer.mccollum
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
        How do you create roatating magnetflux. Enless you no how to roatate
        electrons than I dont understand how you would acomplish this but
        it is a cool idea
      • schaeffer.mccollum
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009
          How do you rotate magnetic flux? Until you know how to roate electrons
          I dont think this is possible. Correct me if I am wrong. It is a interesting design
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2009

            No Name,

                          It’s extremely impolite not to address the person you are replying to, and not to sign your posts, failure to behave reasonably usually results in ignoring your questions!

            However, every multiphase electric motor rotates magnetic flux, and the action of magnetization rotates and synchronizes electron orbits.

            To see and understand how this particularly applies here, I would recommend you read Crandall, (physicist) ‘They All told the Truth’, available from www.trafford.com  There’s a complete article particularly on David Hamel’s 3 cone device.

            Mike.

            Mike. J. Furness.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
              Maybe I'm using the wrong words. What I'm talking about is the rotation of "magnetic pressure" around the edge of the cone as the cone wobbels. Could it be that this rotating "pressure" causes the same effect as a rotating mass?

              Here's a thought experiment:

              If you could turn gravity on and off, you could effectivly build a perpetual motion machine. That's easy.

              Now, imagine instead that you can't turn off gravity, but you can weaken it's effect on an object slightly by rotating the object. Could you take advantage of that and build a perpetual motion machine? What percentage of weight would have to be "switchable" for the mass?

              --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "schaeffer.mccollum" <schaeffer.mccollum@...> wrote:

              > How do you rotate magnetic flux? Until you know how to roate electrons
              > I dont think this is possible. Correct me if I am wrong. It is a interesting design

            • Mike

                How do you rotate magnetic flux? Until you know how to roate electrons
                I dont think this is possible. Correct me if I am wrong. It is a interesting design

              • schaeffer mccollum
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009
                  could be sounds interesting im experimenting with the wang shum ho magnet motor design presently and am also trying to improve the design. Are you familiar with this motor and how it works?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 5, 2009

                    All,

                         Just to say that I sent the two posts which arrived today on WEDNESDAY afternoon last (Friday today!) first at 1425, and second at 1530 GMT!

                    Strange!

                    Mike.

                    Mike. j. Furness