Re: [hameltech] Re: flower buds?

  • lady hawk
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 24, 2008
      Where ever they were originally found...  he showed me some in Ont., don't know the history of the particular plants he showed me tho' maybe he brought them with him he didn't say 'cause I didn't even think to ask.

      On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:12 AM, PICO TECH <picotech9999@...> wrote:

      Tara
      You mean to Maple Ridge BC where they appeared?
      Dell

      lady hawk wrote:
      > The best way would be to trasvel to his home and gather straight from
      > the field beside his house.
      > they looked like perfectly ordinary angelica flowers to me. I am a
      > traditional herbalist BTW.
      > E-mail me if you wish
      > Tara
      >
      > On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:33 AM, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...
      > <mailto:tonytetryl@...>> wrote:
      >
      > thanks for all the info and links, but reading them just raises more
      > questions:
      > -are they the exact same as angelica buds? because im not sure,
      > its not
      > clearly stated. i allways find the word "similar".
      > -reading the wonderful properties of the angelica buds it begs the
      > question, did mrs hamel used it? like making tea out of it, if
      > yes, did
      > it helped in any way?
      > -anyone has one of those original hamel flower buds? any idea how
      > could
      > i get one (or more). i was thinking to somehow plant it if possible...
      > regards
      > greg

    • granite spider
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 18, 2008
        hi folks....just got back from hallow dayz.....lol
        anyways.......the leaves or buds, are from the "angelic" plant or shurb, not "angelica"....david said it like this...."an-gel-ic"........he said it was a middle east type of vegetation.......the buds are nothing like the angelica plant.......
        all the buds where placed in nora's grave......nora stated "they are for david" as she told me  a few times.......but david was insistant that they be with nora..........not him...
        i have looked for examples of the leaves or buds on the web.....no luck yet.......

        lady hawk wrote:
        > The best way would be to trasvel to his home and gather straight from
        > the field beside his house.
        > they looked like perfectly ordinary angelica flowers to me. I am a
        > traditional herbalist BTW.
        > E-mail me if you wish
        > Tara
        >
        > On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:33 AM, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@yahoo. com
        > <mailto:tonytetryl@yahoo. com>> wrote:
        >
        > thanks for all the info and links, but reading them just raises more
        > questions:
        > -are they the exact same as angelica buds? because im not sure,
        > its not
        > clearly stated. i allways find the word "similar".
        > -reading the wonderful properties of the angelica buds it begs the
        > question, did mrs hamel used it? like making tea out of it, if
        > yes, did
        > it helped in any way?
        > -anyone has one of those original hamel flower buds? any idea how
        > could
        > i get one (or more). i was thinking to somehow plant it if possible...
        > regards
        > greg

      • tonytetryl
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 23, 2008
          thanks G.
          would be nice to discover finaly the secret behind these flowers :)
          why would they (the 3 "aliens") leave behind leaves like this? does it
          have something to do with the machine, like with the "eggs and
          peanutbutter" case? you know, some clue? or is it actualy some sort of
          a medicine..anyway, thanks for answers.
          greg

          > hi folks....just got back from hallow dayz.....lol
          > anyways.......the leaves or buds, are from the "angelic" plant or
          shurb, not "angelica"....david said it like this...."an-gel-
          ic"........he said it was a middle east type of vegetation.......the
          buds are nothing like the angelica plant.......
          > all the buds where placed in nora's grave......nora stated "they
          are for david" as she told me a few times.......but david was
          insistant that they be with nora..........not him...
          > i have looked for examples of the leaves or buds on the web.....no
          luck yet.......

        • lady hawk
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
            Take a look at the Mimosa tree buds...don't know if this is what you
            are refering too.
            Please describe what he showed you..like colour, shape, how many
            petals, how large etc.
            Tara

            On 8/23/08, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...> wrote:
            > thanks G.
            > would be nice to discover finaly the secret behind these flowers :)
            > why would they (the 3 "aliens") leave behind leaves like this? does it
            > have something to do with the machine, like with the "eggs and
            > peanutbutter" case? you know, some clue? or is it actualy some sort of
            > a medicine..anyway, thanks for answers.
            > greg
            >

            >> hi folks....just got back from hallow dayz.....lol
            >> anyways.......the leaves or buds, are from the "angelic" plant or
            > shurb, not "angelica"....david said it like this...."an-gel-
            > ic"........he said it was a middle east type of vegetation.......the
            > buds are nothing like the angelica plant.......
            >> all the buds where placed in nora's grave......nora stated "they
            > are for david" as she told me a few times.......but david was
            > insistant that they be with nora..........not him...
            >> i have looked for examples of the leaves or buds on the web.....no
            > luck yet.......

          • PICO TECH
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
              Tara
              What Nora showed me were about the size of the top joint of the thumb,
              and looked to be from the grass family
              It reminded me of a barley top in shape and fuzziness. It had a little
              spikiness to it but not big spikes like barley has.
              They were kind of hay-green going toward yellowish, but i think that was
              because they were 10+ yrs old at the time (2001)
              Dell

              lady hawk wrote:

              > Take a look at the Mimosa tree buds...don't know if this is what you
              > are refering too.
              > Please describe what he showed you..like colour, shape, how many
              > petals, how large etc.
              > Tara
              >
              > On 8/23/08, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...
              > <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
              > > thanks G.
              > > would be nice to discover finaly the secret behind these flowers :)
              > > why would they (the 3 "aliens") leave behind leaves like this? does it
              > > have something to do with the machine, like with the "eggs and
              > > peanutbutter" case? you know, some clue? or is it actualy some sort of
              > > a medicine..anyway, thanks for answers.
              > > greg
              > >

              > >> hi folks....just got back from hallow dayz.....lol
              > >> anyways.......the leaves or buds, are from the "angelic" plant or
              > > shurb, not "angelica"....david said it like this...."an-gel-
              > > ic"........he said it was a middle east type of vegetation.......the
              > > buds are nothing like the angelica plant.......
              > >> all the buds where placed in nora's grave......nora stated "they
              > > are for david" as she told me a few times.......but david was
              > > insistant that they be with nora..........not him...
              > >> i have looked for examples of the leaves or buds on the web.....no
              > > luck yet.......

            • PICO TECH
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                Tara
                Not mimosa - just looked at the pics. I think I found David's buds
                once on the net - they are
                on the agricultural side.
                Dell

                lady hawk wrote:

                > Take a look at the Mimosa tree buds...don't know if this is what you
                > are refering too.
                > Please describe what he showed you..like colour, shape, how many
                > petals, how large etc.
                > Tara
                >
                > On 8/23/08, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...
                > <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                > > thanks G.
                > > would be nice to discover finaly the secret behind these flowers :)
                > > why would they (the 3 "aliens") leave behind leaves like this? does it
                > > have something to do with the machine, like with the "eggs and
                > > peanutbutter" case? you know, some clue? or is it actualy some sort of
                > > a medicine..anyway, thanks for answers.
                > > greg
                > >

                > >> hi folks....just got back from hallow dayz.....lol
                > >> anyways.......the leaves or buds, are from the "angelic" plant or
                > > shurb, not "angelica"....david said it like this...."an-gel-
                > > ic"........he said it was a middle east type of vegetation.......the
                > > buds are nothing like the angelica plant.......
                > >> all the buds where placed in nora's grave......nora stated "they
                > > are for david" as she told me a few times.......but david was
                > > insistant that they be with nora..........not him...
                > >> i have looked for examples of the leaves or buds on the web.....no
                > > luck yet.......

              • lady hawk
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                  Do you mean that it had a line of seed heads coming from a core stalk
                  like the barly or do you mean that it was an oval pointy seed?

                  On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@...> wrote:
                  > Tara
                  > What Nora showed me were about the size of the top joint of the thumb,
                  > and looked to be from the grass family
                  > It reminded me of a barley top in shape and fuzziness. It had a little
                  > spikiness to it but not big spikes like barley has.
                  > They were kind of hay-green going toward yellowish, but i think that was
                  > because they were 10+ yrs old at the time (2001)
                  > Dell
                  >
                  > lady hawk wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Take a look at the Mimosa tree buds...don't know if this is what you
                  >> are refering too.
                  >> Please describe what he showed you..like colour, shape, how many
                  >> petals, how large etc.
                  >> Tara
                  >>
                  >> On 8/23/08, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...
                  >> <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                  >> > thanks G.
                  >> > would be nice to discover finaly the secret behind these flowers :)
                  >> > why would they (the 3 "aliens") leave behind leaves like this? does it
                  >> > have something to do with the machine, like with the "eggs and
                  >> > peanutbutter" case? you know, some clue? or is it actualy some sort of
                  >> > a medicine..anyway, thanks for answers.
                  >> > greg

                  >> > shurb, not "angelica"....david said it like this...."an-gel-
                  >> > ic"........he said it was a middle east type of vegetation.......the
                  >> > buds are nothing like the angelica plant.......
                  >> > are for david" as she told me a few times.......but david was
                  >> > insistant that they be with nora..........not him...
                  >> > luck yet.......

                • PICO TECH
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                    Tara
                    It had a core stalk like the barley.
                    Dell

                    lady hawk wrote:

                    > Do you mean that it had a line of seed heads coming from a core stalk
                    > like the barly or do you mean that it was an oval pointy seed?
                    >
                    > On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@...
                    > <mailto:picotech9999%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                    > > Tara
                    > > What Nora showed me were about the size of the top joint of the thumb,
                    > > and looked to be from the grass family
                    > > It reminded me of a barley top in shape and fuzziness. It had a little
                    > > spikiness to it but not big spikes like barley has.
                    > > They were kind of hay-green going toward yellowish, but i think that was
                    > > because they were 10+ yrs old at the time (2001)
                    > > Dell
                    > >
                    > > lady hawk wrote:
                    > >>
                    > >> Take a look at the Mimosa tree buds...don't know if this is what you
                    > >> are refering too.
                    > >> Please describe what he showed you..like colour, shape, how many
                    > >> petals, how large etc.
                    > >> Tara
                    > >>
                    > >> On 8/23/08, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...
                    > <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>
                    > does it
                    > sort of

                  • PICO TECH
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                      Tara
                      It didnt really have seed heads - just seemed to be fuzzy.
                      Dell

                      lady hawk wrote:

                      > Do you mean that it had a line of seed heads coming from a core stalk
                      > like the barly or do you mean that it was an oval pointy seed?
                      >
                      > On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@...
                      > <mailto:picotech9999%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                      > > Tara
                      > > What Nora showed me were about the size of the top joint of the thumb,
                      > > and looked to be from the grass family
                      > > It reminded me of a barley top in shape and fuzziness. It had a little
                      > > spikiness to it but not big spikes like barley has.
                      > > They were kind of hay-green going toward yellowish, but i think that was
                      > > because they were 10+ yrs old at the time (2001)
                      > > Dell
                      > >
                      > > lady hawk wrote:
                      > >>
                      > >> Take a look at the Mimosa tree buds...don't know if this is what you
                      > >> are refering too.
                      > >> Please describe what he showed you..like colour, shape, how many
                      > >> petals, how large etc.
                      > >> Tara
                      > >>
                      > >> On 8/23/08, tonytetryl <tonytetryl@...
                      > <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>
                      > does it
                      > sort of

                    • lady hawk
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                        OK, So, I suppose it is a safe guess that it would be a series of
                        small flower heads arranged down the top of a stalk that would have
                        some sort of colour to them, the flowers that is..doesn't realy matter
                        if he showed you flowers or seeds flowers mature to seeds etc but if
                        you could recall some sort of definative colour for a flower then that
                        would narrow the possabilitys down so we could identify it.
                        Look at photos of rosemary and lavenders, they all have flower heads like that.
                        Please remember that if it comes from North Africa then it would also
                        be grown in the south of france and or Turkey..they are all big
                        flower/phyto oil producers for the aromatherapy trade as well as
                        perfumers.
                        Is there anyway you can narrow it down?
                        I seem to recall he showed me somethng that looked like lavender and i
                        just brushed it off thinking that it s such a common flower how could
                        he not know the botanical name, David wasn't a botanist tho'
                        Tara

                      • PICO TECH
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                          Tara,
                          I dont recall any sort of flowering - seemed to me like the head of a
                          timothy grass,
                          kind of a fuzzy thing with extra spiky bits sticking out, the spikes
                          reminding me of barley heads (but not
                          the seed heads ie pearls)

                          I checked the hamel site for old messages but didnt see anything that
                          helped.
                          I dont think lavender or rosemary are close -- rosemary I have grown in
                          a large
                          outdoor bush, but not close. Will look more on the web. Is there a
                          picture on the (other) Hamel
                          web sites ?
                          Dell

                          lady hawk wrote:

                          > OK, So, I suppose it is a safe guess that it would be a series of
                          > small flower heads arranged down the top of a stalk that would have
                          > some sort of colour to them, the flowers that is..doesn't realy matter
                          > if he showed you flowers or seeds flowers mature to seeds etc but if
                          > you could recall some sort of definative colour for a flower then that
                          > would narrow the possabilitys down so we could identify it.
                          > Look at photos of rosemary and lavenders, they all have flower heads
                          > like that.
                          > Please remember that if it comes from North Africa then it would also
                          > be grown in the south of france and or Turkey..they are all big
                          > flower/phyto oil producers for the aromatherapy trade as well as
                          > perfumers.
                          > Is there anyway you can narrow it down?
                          > I seem to recall he showed me somethng that looked like lavender and i
                          > just brushed it off thinking that it s such a common flower how could
                          > he not know the botanical name, David wasn't a botanist tho'
                          > Tara
                          >
                          > On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@...
                          > <mailto:picotech9999%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                          > > Tara
                          > > It had a core stalk like the barley.
                          > > Dell
                          > >
                          > > lady hawk wrote:
                          > >>
                          > >> Do you mean that it had a line of seed heads coming from a core stalk
                          > >> like the barly or do you mean that it was an oval pointy seed?
                          > >>
                          > >> On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@...
                          > <mailto:picotech9999%40gmail.com>
                          > thumb,
                          > little
                          > that was

                          > <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>
                          > >> <mailto:tonytetryl%40yahoo.com>
                          > flowers :)
                          > >> does it
                          > >> sort of

                          > vegetation.......the
                          > web.....no

                        • PICO TECH
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                            Here's one I found -- save this onto your desktop or other folder and open with Picture/Fax viewer
                            You can zoom in enough to make out the general layout -
                            Dell

                            On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@ gmail.com> wrote:
                            > Tara
                            > It had a core stalk like the barley.
                            > Dell
                            >
                            > lady hawk wrote:
                            >>
                            >> Do you mean that it had a line of seed heads coming from a core stalk
                            >> like the barly or do you mean that it was an oval pointy seed?
                            >>
                            >> On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@ gmail.com
                            >> <mailto:picotech999 9%40gmail. com>> wrote:
                            >> > Tara
                            >> > What Nora showed me were about the size of the top joint of the thumb,
                            >> > and looked to be from the grass family
                            >> > It reminded me of a barley top in shape and fuzziness. It had a little
                            >> > spikiness to it but not big spikes like barley has.
                            >> > They were kind of hay-green going toward yellowish, but i think that was
                            >> > because they were 10+ yrs old at the time (2001)
                            >> > Dell

                            >> <mailto:tonytetryl% 40yahoo.com>
                            >> does it
                            >> sort of

                          • lady hawk
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 24, 2008
                              Nope not that I'm aware of..
                              aww now, yes, I've seen these before ....oh gawd.... species names come to me...
                              this could be a grass ornamental? Probably.... soft little heads
                              aren't they....not really seed -like
                              I don't know where you are but if you were to take a picture of these,
                              not the real thing and go to any good
                              nursury that sells seasonal ornamental/annual plants..anyplace like
                              Sheridans here in Ont..
                              I'm sure that you wil find a botanical buff who will talk your ear off
                              and give you better info than I can thru this medium. (Media?)
                              I'm inclined to say they are hops but I know thats not corect but they
                              are kind of soft like hops are.
                              I think David BS'ed me when he showed me what he did, maybe he did
                              that to others too and these might not be what he really ment?
                              He might have been refering to the colour as being angelic or he might
                              be talking about soething in the french language..look around there I
                              'm sure you will find it in the south of france and there is probably
                              more information from that region too.
                              I'm off to the books, talk later..tara

                            • George Pantos
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 25, 2008
                                you know it would have been interesting to do a DNA sampling of these buds by a lab.. but i guess they are literally buried away right now..

                                lady hawk wrote:

                                > OK, So, I suppose it is a safe guess that it would be a series of
                                > small flower heads arranged down the top of a stalk that would have
                                > some sort of colour to them, the flowers that is..doesn't realy matter
                                > if he showed you flowers or seeds flowers mature to seeds etc but if
                                > you could recall some sort of definative colour for a flower then that
                                > would narrow the possabilitys down so we could identify it.
                                > Look at photos of rosemary and lavenders, they all have flower heads
                                > like that.
                                > Please remember that if it comes from North Africa then it would also
                                > be grown in the south of france and or Turkey..they are all big
                                > flower/phyto oil producers for the aromatherapy trade as well as
                                > perfumers.
                                > Is there anyway you can narrow it down?
                                > I seem to recall he showed me somethng that looked like lavender and i
                                > just brushed it off thinking that it s such a common flower how could
                                > he not know the botanical name, David wasn't a botanist tho'
                                > Tara
                                >
                                > On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@ gmail.com
                                > <mailto:picotech999 9%40gmail. com>> wrote:
                                > > Tara
                                > > It had a core stalk like the barley.
                                > > Dell
                                > >
                                > > lady hawk wrote:
                                > >>
                                > >> Do you mean that it had a line of seed heads coming from a core stalk
                                > >> like the barly or do you mean that it was an oval pointy seed?
                                > >>
                                > >> On 8/24/08, PICO TECH <picotech9999@ gmail.com
                                > <mailto:picotech999 9%40gmail. com>
                                > thumb,
                                > little
                                > that was

                                > <mailto:tonytetryl% 40yahoo.com>
                                > >> <mailto:tonytetryl% 40yahoo.com>
                                > flowers :)
                                > >> does it
                                > >> sort of

                                > vegetation.. .....the
                                > web.....no

                              • lady hawk
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 25, 2008
                                  Despair not,
                                  I'm sending these photos to a botanist friend who will be able to
                                  identify what the plant is..
                                  true they won't be the exact flower buds that David had but it might
                                  be close enough, crop circles aside.
                                  Tara