11112: Magnets Size/Shape

  • alexuklv
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
      Hi,

      I am new here and first of all i would like to say hello to everyone.

      And my question is - size of magnets, should i maintain some specific
      magnet to cone size ratio? For example, can i use 1.500x0.625 in. disc
      magnets in 45GD or they wont be sufficient enough? As well shape -
      discs or blocks, which would be more suitable to use in 45GD? Any help
      would be appreciated, thanks.
    • alexuklv
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2008
        bump
      • Jon C. Munson II
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2008

          Namaste!

          First, look through the archives, your question will probably be better answered there.  Magnet strength is more important than size.  You have to match your magnetic strength to the application.  Also, beware using rare-earth magnets.  Try to stick with ceramics or “regular” magnets when possible.

          Second, I believe the MPM will give you the size magnets you need.  I haven’t exactly figured out how to read that puppy yet so I can’t really help you there.

          Third, the shape of the magnet isn’t as important as the field it creates.  You may find that donuts or squares-with-holes may be better if you are going to rivet them to the cones/rings.

          Peace, Love, and Light,

          Jon C. Munson II

          "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." [Mark 10:27; KJV]

          I sign "Peace, Love, and Light" for at least two reasons.  First, it is my truest desire for this planet and her people to live in Peace, with Love, and in the Light of God.  Second, to be an Ascended Master, one must Be.  As I wish to Be an Ascended Master (someday if not sooner), I must also Be - thus I choose to Be Peace, Love, and Light as much as I can for everyone and am therefore reflecting those thoughts to you.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2008
            Have a look at:
            http://rimstar.org/sdprop/haml45gd/h45gdavd/h45gdavd.htm
            There are details of the actual magnets that David used in his
            45GD.
            -Steve
            http://rimstar.org

            --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "alexuklv" <alexuklv@...> wrote: