Plan 9 from outer space

  • George Pantos
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007

      http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/plan-9-from-outer-space/2007/11/02/1193619145400.html

      This memo suggested a plot that transcends Stanley Kubrick's Dr Strangelove: the CIA, in the face of unknown phenomena - or even an attack from outer space - was seemingly more concerned about what the Russians might do with UFOs than with the objects themselves. The CIA's interest in the Soviet and Chinese study of UFOs continued for decades. But on October 2, 1952, General Smith received this ominous note from his Office of Scientific Intelligence: "Flying saucers pose two elements of danger which have national security implications. The first involves mass psychological considerations and the second concerns the vulnerability of the US to air attack." In January 1953 the Office of Scientific Intelligence convened a committee to review the UFO "problem". Its members reviewed "75 case histories of sightings", taking intense interest in a Tremonton, Utah, sighting that included a Kodachrome movie of "1600 frames".

      Shortcut to: Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
    • lady hawk
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2007
        Wyn not forward this article to Coast to Coast AM George Noory?
        Thanks.
        I have to wonder if that would be just fowarding the government UFO Agenda tho'
        Just a thought.