Re: status of New Mexico replication project

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10 3:11 PM
      The water tower machine (or first stage) you mentioned was more
      advanced, taking into account of the 'wings', much like the actual
      flying craft. It had more going on within it. Same basic principles
      as always.
      The rings I mentioned are for the containment. They were waterjet
      cut, finished, and mounted into the frame. You can do cone surface
      bonding of the magnets or a 90 degree surface (perpendicular to the
      horizantal).

      Matt

      --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Field" <master_charade@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > > Rivetting is the quick method of achieving a cone. I suggest
      > welding
      > > the seam to get a more streamlined and stronger cone. also, the
      > > welding will permit a better balance in the cone. Rivets, even
      not
      > > weighing that much can cause an imbalance, if you use enough of
      > them.
      > >
      > > "The key is that we are going to try and do a precise recreation
      of
      > > David's original experiment that flew away into the sky"
      > > This is not the 3CD. This is the first stage replica or prototype
      > for
      > > the craft. Suggestion is to do this after you make a breakthrough
      > on
      > > the 3CD OR build it the same time as the 3CD.
      > >
      > > If you build the entire 3CD out of stainless, you will get a
      > stronger
      > > machine all the way around. A better example if it indeed works
      in
      > > the end. More impressive.
      > > I remember paying $250 canadian or so for a 15 X 15 - 1inch
      thick
      > > piece of stainless. Paying $100 to get it waterjet cut into
      rings.
      > > Then I work it on a lathe. Got 4 posts (4 footers) for about $80
      > that
      > > are 1 inch diameter and also stainless.
      > > I shopped at a metal recycling facility for odds and ends, like
      > thick
      > > walled piping and also square tubing (heavy quage)--all stainless.
      > > In fact, you can save a heap going to a local metal recycler and
      > > searching for the needed materials.
      > >
      > > Of course, many know that I have'nt 'done it' yet. So my words
      and
      > > experience might mean alot 'hot air'! :)
      > > The fabrication experience has been fun to some extent.
      > >
      > > Good luck and may you achieve results. Keep the goal broad and
      > > determined.
      > >
      > > Matt
      > >

      > > --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, Lee Valstad <master_charade@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My pleasure,
      > > >
      > > > Our progress is that we are ready to begin but we are waiting
      > on
      > > a copy of the book to become available (I already have the other
      > two,
      > > just waiting on Word Made Manifest). The good thing is that we
      are
      > > going to be considerably dilligent in making sure that we build
      the
      > > device exactly right so that it works. I repeat, no straying
      from
      > > the orginal design!
      > > >
      > > > We are going to be following the tree of life diagram exactly
      > so
      > > yes, full sized replica
      > > (http://www.geocities.com/undergsci/45gdp.html). There are about
      > 10
      > > people in our group and we are all undergrad students at New
      Mexico