Re: Hamel Device featured on myth busters (WHY STEEL)

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
      From what I understand they stated the material used in the wings
      (the vibrating cone structures) were of similar properties of
      stainless steel.
      Perhaps something a little more advanced, but nonetheless,
      nonmagnetic. Structurally capable of withstanding the forces applied
      and temperature environment.

      Matt

      --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "leon broye" <lbroye@...> wrote:

      > I surpose im going to be cruicified for asking this but here we go,
      did
      > david ever say when he was show this alien craft, was thier no
      metion of the
      > type of matial that was use in thier maim power supply. dont have a
      go at me
      > for asking.
      >

      > >From: "demondoppel" <mattihorn@...>
      > >To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [hameltech] Re: Hamel Device featured on myth busters
      (WHY STEEL)
      > >Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:39:21 -0000
      > >
      > >"stainless steel all the baby".
      > >
      > >Aluminum is structurally weaker/lighter/lower melting point.
      > >
      > >Stainless is stronger and higher melting point.
      > >
      > >Higher melting point materil is required since David recommends
      that
      > >the machine runs at 900C. Aluminum tuhs being a metal to fail.
      > >

      > >--- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, Lee Valstad <master_charade@>
      > >wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think they are referring to using aluminum for the cones, not
      the
      > >45GD barrell.
      > > >
      > > > I'm confused now. I thought I that non-magnet stainless was
      > >better than aluminum? But Hamel used aluminum???
      > > >
      > > > Mike <mikefurness2002@>
      > >wrote:
      > > > Just a small point here, but in UK, ALL 45 Gallon Drums are
      made
      > >of steel! some fuels and oils corrode aluminium, and it certainly
      > >isn't strong enough to contain heavy factions, not sure of my math
      > >here, but looks like about 100 pounds weight Minimum!
      > > >
      > > > Maybe you know something I don't, but just an observation!
      > > >
      > > > Mike.
      > > >
      > > > Mike. J. Furness.

      ON
      > >AND READ THE LINKS!!!!
      > > >

      > > > AN OLDIE BUT A GOLDIE.
      > > >

      > > > PAT MCBRADY

    • Dell Coleman
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
        Hi
        I didnt bother to deal with this on Hameltech because there are long discussions of this sort in the archives, but
        rather than drag stuff over, I'll just say it here.

        I visited David Hamel in March 2001 and had an hour and a half discussion with him and his wife Nora
        She was the one who received the green buds that kept appearing from nowhere around the house.

        Anyway, David looked at my notes and some drawings and said "You've got it right there". I showed him some weight into speed designs and said - You are past the point of no return, so get building. So I feel I have reasonable qualifications to deal with this.

        He built his device from a 45 gal (Cdn) steel drum, used aluminum bicycle rims for the static magnet rings,
        and radio shack ceramics for the magnets. He used a speaker magnet (Ceramic) for the top and there might be another
        in the bottom (cant remember). The skin he used on the cones was aluminum.

        The fundamental principal is weight into speed, a concept early Egyptians were familiar with - you can see it in the tombs
        and in the Book of the Dead. The concept is what we would call dynamic disequilibrium, and is either a chaotic state or a cousin of it. In practice a ball or sometimes magnetic force is used to disturb an equilibrium condition and make an apparatus move continually through continuance of the disturbance.
        The 3CD device is organized as three cones with edge magnets, stabilized by magnets on the three rings opposite the cones
        There is a bottom oscillator to allow continued movement of the cones and a top rejection magnet to cause the disequilibrium.
        The top rejection is the control mechanism for the 3CD and is totally underestimated in its function.

             |    Screw adjustment for height of top rejection magnet
            0    top rejection
            0   cone top rejection
        |   V   |     ring magnets and cone magnets in rejection
        |   V   |     ring magnets and cone magnets in rejection
        |   V   |     ring magnets and cone magnets in rejection
            o         oscillator magnet
            o         oscillator magnet
        ______   oscillator table

        So - In action - the cones attempt to fall over because of gravity. In falling the cone falls into the magnetic rejection of the ring magnets - If it succeeds, the rig needs work. If it fails to crash, it's movement causes the movement of the two lower cones which also try to fall over. They also meet rejection and are pushed away.

        The key to making this work is that the cones are not able to fall into the rings, and the top rejection
        that causes the top cone rejection magnet to squirm. As a simple test, take two magnets in rejection and push them together,
        trying to keep them aligned atop one another. The top rejection must be screw-down adjustable to increase the tension to cause a start, and it _must_ be backed off to avoid destroying the machine once vibration starts.

        Now we have a vibrating mass of steel, aluminum  and magnetic fields that will generate plasma or something of the sort.
        Perfect balance is a killer, as is too much magnetic field that results in stiffness. The total slop needs to be under 1/2 inch ie 1/4 on each side.

        A much simpler design can be built and will work much more easily. You can do this with a coffee can and a few oil funnels

            O      Activation ball -- marble, cue ball, bowling ball depending on size of cones  Remove with a snare ¿
           |__|      Cup that the ball sits in
             |         Support for the cup
           | ^ |      Top cone and rejection magnets - same as the other design
           | ^ |      cone and rejection magnets - same as the other design
           | ^ |      Bottom cone and rejection magnets - same as the other design
             ^         Support cone - no ring or edge magnets - sits on the ground - top fits inside bottom cone cork

        All Hamel cones are double skin based on root 5 outer, and root 2 or root 3 inner
        The cup is not square sided as shown but is "Eye of Horus shaped" ie parabola or ellipse
        The ball will tend to return to center (and pass by) as the cones vibrate below. (That is a chaotic attractor)

        I have given this design on Hamel forum before but no-one picked up on it.A simple way to make it is to get
        metal oil funnels 6" dia, (plastic will do) a bunch of wine corks and small nails (like picture hanging size)
        For the top piece I would make a fiberglass cup from a horus -eye shaped form. Insert a small rod through the
        cup before finishing, so the rod will fit into the tube of the uppermost cone. Make the three rings and attach the ring and cone magnets. The bottom cone needs no cork or nails or magnets or rings - it is just a support base.

        Place the rings and ring supports in the can. Place the base cone in the supports. Place a cork and nail in the
        inner tube opening of the bottom funnel. Place the nail inside the base support tube. Do the same for the next two cones.
        Place the rod of the cup assembly into the top tube. You are now ready to play. Roll a bead, marble, etc into the cup from the edge to the middle. It may take a pointier top with less friction to actually sustain movement, but I think this will work
        pretty easily. I made all of this except the top piece and it would sustain for fairly long periods just by poking the top cone once in a while. If this spins up you need to control it - have a snare - make from coat hanger -- and have smaller size balls to roll in once it spins up. This isn't organized to control by load, but you must reduce the amount of activation.

        This design is totally analogous to the ship design and way easier to make work.

        Probably more than you ever wanted to know about Hamel stuff but there you go.

        Dell

        Subscribe:  hameltech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:hameltech-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:hameltech-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        From - Tue Dec 12 11:38:52 2006
        To: c_s_s_p@yahoogroups.com
        From: "David Lowrance" <libra_spirit@...>
        Sender: c_s_s_p@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:27:01 -0000
        Subject: [c_s_s_p] Welcome Debra Robberson

        --fNo4vD8ozrp7lc-vptcXsrz4iixFcdtMHZj5v-k

        Very happy you decided to pop in on the c_s_s_p group.
        Congratulations on your book.

        Please feel free to check out the files and photos section and get to=20
        know the other experimenters. We are only 13 now with one other invite=20
        from a Seattle based small group who is going to be building.

        I am truly dying to see your latest creation.

        I am working on a larger crystal for my collection, it is one of=20
        my "loves" for sure. I simply have to "feel" a 20 pounder for myself at=20
        this point!

        Welcome, and looking forwards to your participation as time permits.

        Dave L

        --fNo4vD8ozrp7lc-vptcXsrz4iixFcdtMHZj5v-k

        <head>
        </head>

        <!-- Network content -->

        <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
        <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->

        Very happy you decided to pop in on the c_s_s_p group.<br>
        Congratulations on your book.<br>
        Please feel free to check out the files and photos section and get to <br>
        know the other experimenters. We are only 13 now with one other invite <br>
        from a Seattle based small group who is going to be building.<br>
        I am truly dying to see your latest creation.<br>
        I am working on a larger crystal for my collection, it is one of <br>
        my &quot;loves&quot; for sure. I simply have to &quot;feel&quot; a 20 pounder for myself at <br>
        this point!<br>
        Welcome, and looking forwards to your participation as time permits.<br>
        Dave L<br>

            <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->
            <!-- Start the section with Message In topic -->
                    Reply          </span> (via web post)
                </a>  |
                  Start a new topic        </a>
            <!-------     Start Nav Bar  ------>
            <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

      • leon broye
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
          so in that case how on earth could we ever travel in something that produces
          that much head 900c, it would be like putting our sunday roast in the oven,
          again david visited their craft i wonder was the temp within the craft
          regulated in some way it very cold in space, i no there are matial on this
          planet that can take that type of heat buti wonder if the heat is disapated
          almost instant
          ly

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 13, 2006
            Space is cold. Heat is required to maintian biological existence.
            Therefore, physics which do more things than one, such as providing a
            great heat source, is a benefit in it's self.
            Crafts, that are very large can dissipate the heat properly and keep
            the craft cozy, I presume. Air flow.