Re: where to get the metal for my cones and what thickness to use and what type

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1 9:30 AM
      Hi Lee,

      I am using 304L type stainless, but I think even 316 will work as
      well. Both are close to being the same, the difference may be that 316
      is slightly superior in being nonmagnetic. You'd have to look into that.
      thickness is 24/1000ths of an inch for durability and ease to work with.

      Matt

      --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Field" <master_charade@...> wrote:

      > Hello everybody,
      >
      > My antigravity club here at New Mexico Tech is gearing up for our
      > Hamel Device replication. We are going to follow the tree of life
      > diagram exactly. The first thing we are going to do is order the
      > stainless steel which we will rivet to make our cones. I have a few
      > questions about what to order. As follows
      >
      > What thickness? What grade? I did some searching on the group and
      > found this website
      > http://www.aerospacemetals.com/stainless-steel.html. Is this a good
      > website to order from and if so which product should I order?
      >
      > Thanks a lot to everybody in the group who is so interested in
      > replicating the Hamel Device. And special thanks to Granite Spider
      > who is helping us greatly. I have much desire to see this work. We
      > have student association funds and we are going to try our very best.
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > sincerely, Lee

    • Lee Field
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6 6:18 PM
        Thanks so much for the help dMatt. I will try to order the 316. So
        have you had any success using the 304L?