Hamel Spinner Design

  • cncdudez
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      First of all thanks for a great group full of people that look/think
      further than what has been drummed into them via modern science
      restraints.

      I have spent the last few weeks going through every document I can
      regards Hamel Spinners and spent this weekend dragging out the credit
      card and topping up with Magnets and other materials that should at
      last allow me to experiement.

      Looking at the Hamel Spinner designs around they all seems to give up
      as soon as they try to make the ball stay in a fixed position and all
      seem to come to the conclusion that the hand movements of the top
      magnetic ring is in the equation to keep it going as such.

      Has anyone actually tried to control the top ring of magnets via a
      rig so it can be mechanically moved to keep the bottom spinner under
      control?
      I think to set up a rig, controlled by a computer to control the top
      ring magnets position, height and angle should soon show the
      optimised positioning of the top ring to keep the spinner going.
      Once this is known then to shift the top ring to the correct
      positions then maybe the bottom spinner can be fixed and a source of
      power can be extracted from the movement.

      Now whether the power output of the spinner is greater than the
      forces/power need to move the top ring to keep the motion going,
      thats another matter, but just a thought.

      Regards

      Sean.
    • Timothy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        Good thoughts Sean..
        makes me think of the broom balancing robot...
        the one were the robot taught itself how to
        balance the broom stick...
        maybe this could be done here as well.. then the
        robot would find the sweet spot for you???
        Timothy...

        Hamel Spinner Design
        Posted by: "cncdudez"
        cncdudez@...
        cncdudez Sun
        Oct 1, 2006 11:31 am (PST)

[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sean
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
          Nice response Timothy

          Would of been simpler if you just told me to shove the broom up my
          Ass, but hey nothing is that simple!

          Sorry if this forum is just for the high tech cone stuff.

          Will leave with thanks for your enlightening words or encouragement!!

          Regards

          Sean.

          --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, Timothy <flytch@...> wrote:

          > Good thoughts Sean..
          > makes me think of the broom balancing robot...
          > the one were the robot taught itself how to
          > balance the broom stick...
          > maybe this could be done here as well.. then the
          > robot would find the sweet spot for you???
          > Timothy...
          >

          > Hamel Spinner Design
          > Posted by: "cncdudez"
          > cncdudez@...
          > cncdudez Sun
          > Oct 1, 2006 11:31 am (PST)
          >
          > Looking at the Hamel Spinner designs around they
          > all seems to give up
          > as soon as they try to make the ball stay in a
          > fixed position and all
          > seem to come to the conclusion that the hand
          > movements of the top
          > magnetic ring is in the equation to keep it going
          > as such.
          >
          > Has anyone actually tried to control the top ring
          > of magnets via a
          > rig so it can be mechanically moved to keep the
          > bottom spinner under
          > control?
          > I think to set up a rig, controlled by a computer
          > to control the top
          > ring magnets position, height and angle should
          > soon show the
          > optimised positioning of the top ring to keep the
          > spinner going.
          > Once this is known then to shift the top ring to
          > the correct
          > positions then maybe the bottom spinner can be
          > fixed and a source of
          > power can be extracted from the movement.
          >
          > Now whether the power output of the spinner is
          > greater than the
          > forces/power need to move the top ring to keep
          > the motion going,
          > thats another matter, but just a thought.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Sean.

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Tom Ferko
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 21, 2007
            --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "cncdudez" <cncdudez@...> wrote:

            > First of all thanks for a great group full of people that
            look/think
            > further than what has been drummed into them via modern science
            > restraints.
            >
            > I have spent the last few weeks going through every document I can
            > regards Hamel Spinners and spent this weekend dragging out the
            credit
            > card and topping up with Magnets and other materials that should at
            > last allow me to experiement.
            >
            > Looking at the Hamel Spinner designs around they all seems to give
            up
            > as soon as they try to make the ball stay in a fixed position and
            all
            > seem to come to the conclusion that the hand movements of the top
            > magnetic ring is in the equation to keep it going as such.

            Hi Sean,

            I am currently experimenting with the Hamel spinner design and have
            posted a movie on U tube called "Modified Hamel Spinner" . Check it
            out. I am much further than this at present and things are looking
            good presently.

            Tom