RE: [hameltech] Re: Look out for microwaves....too high a frequency

  • Mike F
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 1, 2006
      George,
                 As my youth was spent in seriously high power thermionics, I just cited as reference; Have no wish to return to those days, excepting in the one field they are unbeaten at, and that's 100KW + radio transmission, (below Klystron or magnetron frequency; then of course, these are thermionic anyway!) high voltage breakdown is the one lomiting factor in linear semiconductor devices!

      Incidentally, the 1940's did have 1MW 400KHZ lecher line radar transmitters, Triodes if my memory serves me correctly!

      I am fully conversant with power content of square wave leading edges; but, if you believe Keeley, (re 'atomoles' , his version of electrons before discovered) then he was able to make a sub harmonic of sufficient energy content to affect electron orbits!

      Whilst in the main agreeing with you, you might well find that mechanical shock can make harmonics way above your cited max, and then again might not be necessary for the noted effects????

      I will use this reply to answer another critique, who said 'once only..... so little power, he totally forgot that the system works on REPEATED pulses,(PRF) and each time a little more energy will be added to the excited system, if in correct phase relationship....

      Mike.

      Mike. J. Furness
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 6, 2006

        That is certainly interesting I hope it could be like that but just in case...Here ,some extra help to determine correct proportions , though I think we already have it with the "master pyramid matrix":

        Good luck.