Re: Precision and production

  • grapidx
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2006
      Just an FYI, 1 month ago, I spent 30+ hours contacting every single
      metal spinner on the entire internet, literally. I went thru hours
      of phone calls, quotes, etc. I looked for conular shapes on heat
      ducting sites, any type of builder supply store. I even considered
      nose cones from an airplane, yes I was truly scraping the barrel,
      and realising my wits end. I looked at metallic lamp shades as
      well. Sturdy cones (of any large size) are simply not available
      anywhere, and I had no choice to look back at the custom spun cone
      as a solution. So, an FYI to everyone, you can not purchase the 5
      custom aluminum/stainless cones neccessary without spending anywhere
      from 1-4 grand USD.

      -Travis

      --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "genometric" <genometric@...>

      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2006
        The technology used by the ancients is not here, they took it with
        them. They had the means to create perfect shapes and structures,
        and this is mirrored in the stone work, which, btw, is nearly
        impossible for us to do today. On the scale they did it as well.

        The cones, that I have been trying to perfect, is in welding and
        design. The design must be perfect, so that half way or mid point is
        achieved. So that proportions are in tact, and none to zero surface
        warping. I have achieved this greatly with slight warping. The
        cones, are effectively speaking, near perfect.

        Hydroforming won't work with my largest cone, since they have stated
        10 inches on the maximum dedpth. Spinning may thin the metal in
        areas of the cone.
        What I have done, is still plausible, and works. Having the skins
        laser cut has improved the accuracy greatly.

        Thanks for the info Max, I went to the website and watched the
        video. They know their stuff, no doubt.

        Matt

        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2006
          Through the spinning of solid metal pieces (tips and inserts) and
          using the laser cut cone pieces, I achieved practically perfect
          balance on all three cones. It's worth the effort. Now I know that
          when the cones are suspended, there won't be any transient
          misbalances structurally. The magnets will do their thing. It a way
          it simplifies the understanding by increasing the precision on the
          moving pieces.

          Matt

          --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "jszymanek2000"

          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2006
            That's why I steered clear, intuitively.
            I need to balance the cash for all the segments of the project.
            Metal to magnets to high temp adhesive to consumables etc. Welding
            is a necessity, so a welding unit was to be bought (which is
            advanced and costly). In the end, you come to realize, that if you
            buy these perfectly spun cones, how can you afford to get the
            magnets and other things to complete the project? :)

            The welding equipment that I have can be used to build a ship,
            literally. That is why I bought it. To aid methe ship must be
            welded, not rivetted. David knows this as well, as we talked a while
            ago, while I was up there. Rivets will come lose and the mechanism
            will fail. Welding will not fail in the wings. Especially a welding
            unit designed to run a colder arc than normal arc. In fact, all
            things on the ship must be welded which require bringing metal to
            metal surfaces and parts.

            Matt

            --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "grapidx" <grapidx@...> wrote:

            > Just an FYI, 1 month ago, I spent 30+ hours contacting every
            single
            > metal spinner on the entire internet, literally. I went thru
            hours
            > of phone calls, quotes, etc. I looked for conular shapes on heat
            > ducting sites, any type of builder supply store. I even
            considered
            > nose cones from an airplane, yes I was truly scraping the barrel,
            > and realising my wits end. I looked at metallic lamp shades as
            > well. Sturdy cones (of any large size) are simply not available
            > anywhere, and I had no choice to look back at the custom spun cone
            > as a solution. So, an FYI to everyone, you can not purchase the 5
            > custom aluminum/stainless cones neccessary without spending
            anywhere
            > from 1-4 grand USD.
            >
            > -Travis
            >

            > --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "genometric" <genometric@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I am just wondering about the need for such critical precision
            of
            > > measurements in this project. Proportion is indeed important
            here,
            > but
            > > I wonder how Egyptians dealt with this sort of device, as there
            > has
            > > been many a reference to their understanding of it. Just curious
            > to the
            > > possibility that it may not need so much detail done to work. On
            > the
            > > other hand, precision makes anything far more efficient...
            > >
            > > Also, have you ever thought of having the cones themselves hydro-
            > > formed, or possibly stamped by an outside source, instead of
            > worrying
            > > about costly screw ups and inconsistencies with welding? If not,
            > here
            > > is a metal working company... www.metalspun.com. Hydro forming
            > uses no
            > > heat, so it wont cause any heat related distortions. In
            addition,
            > > mechanically machined parts are extremely precise. Then again,
            I'm
            > sure
            > > you've thought a great deal about all this and have considered
            > many
            > > options and avenues of discourse. Just some thoughts...
            > >
            > > Max

          • Kukulcangod
            Message 5 of 11 , May 8, 2006
              Justin :
              I 've formulated that question before and mentioned
              afterwards that at least in the Pyramids of Mexico the rock composition is
              highly piezoelectric, that would explain accumulation of biomagnetic energy
              ,I think that we need that density in the material to create a dramatic
              result and do not forget to "build big" ...that's why I stoped myself , I
              won't build againg unless is really big....I don't have the means is
              expensive, also the people around Teotihuacan still sale pieces made out of
              semiprecious rocks, you can find entire Chess sets made out the local
              precious stones, is traditional..they don't even remember when it started
              'cause is been there for centuries, like the "trompos" and the "yoyos" and
              "canicas" as well as the "baleros"......in "The Zocalo of Mexico City "
              there's a wisgen like structure without the sphere and the spintop, Dan La
              Rochelle send a pic of it once..... to me is not difficult to imagine that
              cones could be made out of this type of rock...That doesn't mean is any
              easier to make them.....(I came from the land where they are still finding
              huge Olmec heads carved out of this material...in the park of my small city,
              polished white stone covers the whole park , and 2 medium size Olmec heads
              are still there in opposite corners, so familiar to me I though they where
              everywhere....and they are .....we are getting to discover this secrets
              again for the good of the world).... that and the other detail of
              magnetically oriented cities/placing of pyramids, I 'm sensitive to magnetic
              fields, when I learned that we have different skin "permeability" to this ,
              it made sense to me all of this shocks and dizziness, but the problem is,
              when a child I used to get dizzy not on top or side of the pyramids but some
              other far away areas say of Teotihuacan, my theory is that yes, we did
              experience a change in the magnetic influences due to axial displacement of
              the Earth......and is scarily cyclic phenomena apparently. Best Regards

              > My opinions/feeling is that the Egyptians may have used ceramic cones.
              >
              > A look at the metal work found in tombs certainly points towards very
              > skilled metal and ceramic craftsmenship.
              >
              > I have wanted to build a 3cd with ceramic cones, but so far it is just
              > another project on the back burner.
              >
              > Precision never hurts, but I don't think absolute perfection is
              > necessary for it to work. However when building small it is tricky to
              > get everything to balance without good tolerances.
              >
              > Justin
              >

              > --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "genometric" <genometric@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am just wondering about the need for such critical precision of
              > > measurements in this project. Proportion is indeed important here, but
              > > I wonder how Egyptians dealt with this sort of device, as there has
              > > been many a reference to their understanding of it. Just curious to the
              > > possibility that it may not need so much detail done to work. On the
              > > other hand, precision makes anything far more efficient...
              > >
              > > Also, have you ever thought of having the cones themselves hydro-
              > > formed, or possibly stamped by an outside source, instead of worrying
              > > about costly screw ups and inconsistencies with welding? If not, here
              > > is a metal working company... www.metalspun.com. Hydro forming uses no
              > > heat, so it wont cause any heat related distortions. In addition,
              > > mechanically machined parts are extremely precise. Then again, I'm sure
              > > you've thought a great deal about all this and have considered many
              > > options and avenues of discourse. Just some thoughts...
              > >
              > > Max

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Dean McGowan
              Message 6 of 11 , May 8, 2006

                if these pyramids are made from piezoelectric materials is it at all possible that if you simply conntected a wire to either side and then to a circuit of some type then you would derive electric current not unlike hutchison batteries ??

                hmmmmm ....

                Regards,

                Dean McGowan

                M: 0404063340
                E: dean.mcgowan@...

                > My opinions/feeling is that the Egyptians may have used ceramic cones.
                >
                > A look at the metal work found in tombs certainly points towards very
                > skilled metal and ceramic craftsmenship.
                >
                > I have wanted to build a 3cd with ceramic cones, but so far it is just
                > another project on the back burner.
                >
                > Precision never hurts, but I don't think absolute perfection is
                > necessary for it to work. However when building small it is tricky to
                > get everything to balance without good tolerances.
                >
                > Justin
                >

                > --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "genometric" <genometric@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I am just wondering about the need for such critical precision of
                > > measurements in this project. Proportion is indeed important here, but
                > > I wonder how Egyptians dealt with this sort of device, as there has
                > > been many a reference to their understanding of it. Just curious to the
                > > possibility that it may not need so much detail done to work. On the
                > > other hand, precision makes anything far more efficient...
                > >
                > > Also, have you ever thought of having the cones themselves hydro-
                > > formed, or possibly stamped by an outside source, instead of worrying
                > > about costly screw ups and inconsistencies with welding? If not, here
                > > is a metal working company... www.metalspun.com. Hydro forming uses no
                > > heat, so it wont cause any heat related distortions. In addition,
                > > mechanically machined parts are extremely precise. Then again, I'm sure
                > > you've thought a great deal about all this and have considered many
                > > options and avenues of discourse. Just some thoughts...
                > >
                > > Max

                > Subscribe:  hameltech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Hamel real estateDavid hamelHamel

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • Dean McGowan
                Message 7 of 11 , May 8, 2006

                  I was thinking that to build smaller, a good way of compensating would be to use proportionally stronger magnets.

                  Regards,

                  Dean McGowan

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 9, 2006

                      yes, would be interesting to just get a voltmeter and try it out hey .. wonder if anyone has tried attaching wires to say the top and bottom and seeing if there is a differential that is substantial enough to power simple things...

                      Regards,

                      Dean McGowan

                      M: 0404063340
                      E: dean.mcgowan@...