Re: Pyramid Power

  • onestopbookshop1
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 22, 2006
      Travis, I find your devices fascinating. If we can imagine it, we can
      achieve it. As a master electrician, I find that the Egyptian had a
      better than working knowledge of electricity. I have been working on a
      rotating propulsion device for several years. It consists of a platter
      with several movable weights. The weights are timed to move towards the
      center of rotation from the 10 to the 2 oclock position. After that,
      the coil is de-energized and releases the weight. To of these devices
      counter-rotate to produce force in one direction (theoretically). Wish
      I were working in a lab like you guys!
    • onestopbookshop1
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 22, 2006
        Wanted to tell you about an experiment I tried. If you take a top, the
        type that you can spin real fast by pulling the string, and throw it up
        in the air, at the apex, before the top starts down, it hesitates in
        mid-air for just a sec. Is this just from the change in direction, or
        are there other forces working here? My knowledge of physics is self-
        taught, so I'm not sure.
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 22, 2006
          Bookshop,
                        Sorry, nothing there, done many times, electrical input = mechanical power out!

          It would be polite if you put your name to your posts.

          Mike.

          Mike. J. Furness

        • unagog@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 22, 2006

            I have read that archeologists have found ceramic jugs in the pyramids in Egypt with the residue of electrolytic salts in them.  Maybe a battery?  As for the poster's device, it sounds like an attempt at perpetual motion.  As a mechanical engineer I can tell you that perpetual motion machines are not possible.  Everything needs SOME kind of input power, be it energy from magnets, solar, air currents, heat, etc.  Good luck poster.  Any chance you can post pics or a video?

            Phillip

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 22, 2006
              Water cone (large) somewhat finished.
              Disaster. Nothing is working. Warping still occurs.
              Patience lost.

              Description of what I was doing:

              20 gallon bucket, full of water. Mount placed into water to hold cone.
              Cone without a tip, placed into water and filled up with water. Both
              skins are lined up and clamped and ready to be welded. These worked out
              great. The two skins are where I need them.

              Top cone filled with water. Level of water is about 1/4 inch down from
              top edge to be welded. Water in bucket circulated through pool type
              bilge/filter pump to keep it from becoming stagnant.
              Water is basically covering the entire cone except the edge to be welded.
              I put ice cubes in as well to lower temp of short time interval during
              welding.
              Tack welds at every two inches and under.
              Short runs of about 1/2 inch to 0.5 inches.

              After a few runs, tested for warping. It was present. Adjusted current,
              and pulse frequency. Adjusted peak current time and background amperage
              percentage. Continued until cone was almost finished. Tested for warps
              again. Still there. Raised water level up to about 1/8th to 3/16th.
              Kept going.
              Finished cone. Checked for warps. About 85% to 90% of cone is warped,
              diameter of 11 inches lost in most places.

              Man I am losing my patience on this.
            • grapidx
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 23, 2006
                Bud,

                I'm wondering what kind of heat conduction your metal has. I see
                where you are going with it but having some thin aluminum/stainless
                being welded only 1/4" up from the water level wont damper it too
                much. When you hit it with 2,000 degrees or what have you, the cold
                water nearby is going to have little effect I would think.

                Question for you.. How do you know its warped? I know you are
                testing it with measurements but I'm not sure how. I mean, 100'th
                of an inch in a couple places would hardly effect the balance, but I
                dont know what you're working with or how bad it is. Even if it is
                noticeable (and not too bad) you could do the following.

                You can set a rod thru it all the way down to the point, and then
                mark a spot on the floor or a wood block. Otherwise attach a string
                from the middle point or what have you. Next find the point exactly
                above it on the ceiling or some type of thing above the cone. Hold
                it in place until it seems perfectly still and lines up straight
                with your markings and then let go. Keep seeing which way it falls,
                each time adding a bit more weld to the opposite side in the amount
                you feel neccesarry. Compensation. You could go another step
                further and create some type of threshhold where the cone really
                could stand by itself in some sort of dip when you get it to be
                perfect.

                -Travis

                --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "demondoppel" <mattihorn@...>

              • darwin42@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 23, 2006
                  I am a newcomer.
                  Seems like that you are having a lot of trouble with welding,warping and balancing.
                  Could tne cone be made out in two pieces and riverted together?
                  Just a thought from a non physic type.
                  Mike
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 23, 2006
                    Unfortuneately, no.
                    There's no place to put rivets in for the inside and outside cone at the
                    top edge without losing the geometry. Streamlining the cone is a
                    requirement for my arrangement.

                    For Travis, the warping that I am finding is from a straight edge check.
                    I take a piece of stainless steel that I have sheared and use it to
                    check the inside cone wall and also the outside cone wall at or near the
                    top edge. Inside cone reveals a bowing of sorts, at about 3/4 inch down.
                    And the outside tends to go inward. My smaller cones do not appear to
                    have this problem without the water treatment. I did test welds on some
                    small cone forms and got good results. It's the volume of metal of the
                    large cone, and the larger span of distances that comes into play.

                    Other than this defect/problem, the cones are turning out rather well.
                    Centering of the points and pivots and the overall roundness has been a
                    good thing so far, even on old cones. Even the seams on each cone piece
                    are generally good. Spinning the cones in the magnetic field, I can see
                    if the center piece is off, with a slight wobble, or I can see if the
                    cone is out of round. balance is not a problem with pretty much all
                    cones. It's just the warping. I've been taking my old cone sets and
                    stacking them, small cone on large etc. They balance out quite well. A
                    good test.

                    Last night, put cone aside from welding. I'm going over what is being
                    missed. Be it welding technique, water level etc. I decided to attached
                    new magnets to my top suspension/keeper ring, that are not so wide (the
                    old ones were 1 inch across, these new ones are 0.5 inches). Improved
                    air gap, not so tight.

                    Matt

                    --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, darwin42@... wrote:

                    > I am a newcomer.
                    > Seems like that you are having a lot of trouble with welding,warping
                    and
                    > balancing.
                    > Could tne cone be made out in two pieces and riverted together?
                    > Just a thought from a non physic type.
                    > Mike

                  • Gene Gonzalez
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 23, 2006
                      Matt, why don't youn use Mr. Hamel method to build the
                      cones, it seems it works in his device.

                      Keep up the patience :)

                      Gene

                      --- demondoppel <mattihorn@...> wrote:

                      > Water cone (large) somewhat finished.
                      > Disaster. Nothing is working. Warping still occurs.
                      > Patience lost.
                      >
                      > Description of what I was doing:
                      >
                      > 20 gallon bucket, full of water. Mount placed into
                      > water to hold cone.
                      > Cone without a tip, placed into water and filled up
                      > with water. Both
                      > skins are lined up and clamped and ready to be
                      > welded. These worked out
                      > great. The two skins are where I need them.
                      >
                      > Top cone filled with water. Level of water is about
                      > 1/4 inch down from
                      > top edge to be welded. Water in bucket circulated
                      > through pool type
                      > bilge/filter pump to keep it from becoming stagnant.
                      > Water is basically covering the entire cone except
                      > the edge to be welded.
                      > I put ice cubes in as well to lower temp of short
                      > time interval during
                      > welding.
                      > Tack welds at every two inches and under.
                      > Short runs of about 1/2 inch to 0.5 inches.
                      >
                      > After a few runs, tested for warping. It was
                      > present. Adjusted current,
                      > and pulse frequency. Adjusted peak current time and
                      > background amperage
                      > percentage. Continued until cone was almost
                      > finished. Tested for warps
                      > again. Still there. Raised water level up to about
                      > 1/8th to 3/16th.
                      > Kept going.
                      > Finished cone. Checked for warps. About 85% to 90%
                      > of cone is warped,
                      > diameter of 11 inches lost in most places.
                      >
                      > Man I am losing my patience on this.

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • pyramidsquare
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 18, 2007
                        This message is for Justin Szymanek,

                        Justin, we ahve talked bedfore, maybe 2-3 years ago. I am deep into
                        pyramid power and ahve started an experiment based on dehydrating dead
                        animals and or mummifying the same.
                        I have just, within the past 24 hours, put my 14 year old Brittaney
                        Spaniel down and would like to preserve him forever. Would you please
                        contact me so we could discuss this.

                        Buzz Gruhn
                        pyramidsquare@...