Computer Model of the Magnetic Harmonic Oscillator

  • gus_styles
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
      I have met Mr. Hamel several times in the past starting in the late
      90's. I have researched the technology he has been given for a
      number of years and have a reasonable familiarity with it. I have
      built models using magnetic simple harmonic oscillators such as the
      engines that David has built. I am presently undertaking the task
      of mathematically modeling this technology using computer
      simulations and will be making it available to everyone on the
      internet. Even the simplest engine requires an incredible amount of
      physics calculations to model the system correctly. Although I not
      convinced that the model will display the tendency to 'run away'
      like a real engine would, the model will help to determine proper
      dimensions that will sustain dynamic equilibrium without trial and
      error or by using Hamel's unique ability to design from within
      rather then use his mind. I don't believe the theoretical model
      will run away because it will not include the background force that
      allows the engine to tune into the energy of the universe. However,
      if you have tried building any of the models you will realize to
      simply keep the system from destabilizing during the initial
      conditions is incredibly hard.

      I wish to provide insight to the group regarding the physics behind
      Hamel's engine as well as recruit help from fellow programmers who
      would be willing to help program the methods of code that will be
      put together to form the complete model. If a number of people can
      contribute a small part to the project then the chances of making
      errors decrease and the time involved in finalizing the model will
      decrease exponentially. I'm studying to get my electrical
      engineering degree at this point in time, which I started for the
      purpose of being able to calculate the forces at work. I now have
      the tools I need for the formulas regarding the magnetic forces and
      I can guarantee that without a computer to do the calculations it
      would be an impossible feat. To model the interaction of simply one
      set of magnetic rings requires simple formulas however they cannot
      be integrated using conventional calculus. It is therefore
      necessary to write a code that can calculate the forces on the rings
      using an arc of the ring (as small as you wish) and calculating the
      area under the function using repetitive summation. The smaller the
      arc (ds) used for then integration the more accurate the modeling.
      There are literally thousands of individual calculations required to
      accurately model magnetic & electric forces, gravity, linear and
      rotational inertia that the only thing that could do it without
      complaining is a computer. The 3 segment oscillating system is most
      difficult to model because the 3 oscillations that make to whole,
      play on each other, no one piece taking responsibility the motion.
      This requires breaking the motion into extremely small slices of
      time and recalculating the forces within the system at regular
      intervals. By making the components of the system variable, if
      after some given amount of time the model destabilizes. Then the
      variables can be adjusted and tried again. Even though increasing
      the accuracy may require the computer to calculate for a couple of
      days to model merely a minute of oscillations this is much better
      then making new prototypes. David's problem with building the
      engines is that he could not control them. Building a system that
      is adjustable to 'tune' the oscillator has proven to be a bad design
      since once the motion is reaching the critical point where very
      careful balance is no longer required the system runs a much greater
      chance of overcoming the structure at the points were adjustments
      can be made. The best design is that which is made out of solid,
      balanced, one piece materials that have be manufactured using
      processes that are usually difficult to unbalance like machining
      with a lathe. Further, to reduce friction in the system, bearing
      points/surfaces must be as large as possible which does not allow
      for seemingly low friction (adjustable) setups that use hard points
      resting in divots for the jointing of the three segments. I have
      devised a system to control the motion that uses active feedback to
      limit the oscillations to below the critical point where runaway
      will occur. This would not allow the certain side effects from
      occurring resulting from the energy tap opening up but it would
      still prove a point, as well as allow modeling of a more complex
      system such as the one that David is currently occupied with.
    • kittab_al_bungle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
        Why not try to simulate a much simpler model and extrapolate from
        that? Perhaps a smaller degree of freedom with respect to movements.

        kittab_al_bungle

        --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "gus_styles" <gusstyles@g...> wrote:
        > I have met Mr. Hamel several times in the past starting in the late
        > 90's. I have researched the technology he has been given for a
        > number of years and have a reasonable familiarity with it.
      • Trevor Smouter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2005
          You're right, this is the way to do it properly. Interpolating a
          function using data gathered by using a magnetostatics modelling
          program for calculating one set of ring forces would allow modelling
          the whole system with greater accuracy since numerical methods
          employed in integrating this system is subject to unreasonable errors.
          So how are you at math?

          Would you be able to provide insight.

          Gus