Re: Hello to all!

  • shawn@kineticcom.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2000
      What kind of camera are you using, is it on a tripod? Are you taking
      these pictures in the dark or something? Double exposure is usually
      caused by the shutter being open too long and the photographer moves
      while shooting.

      Fuzzy? ummm...is it a cheap camera?
      Can you get your hands on a digital with a zoom? if you can, don't
      stand near the machine while it is running...you don't want the
      electronics in the camera to interfere with the experiment. Try
      setting up a mirror at a 45 degree angle, kick up the zoom on the
      camera and put it on a tripod at least 20ft from the machine.

      If that's not possible...can you leave the shutter open on your
      camera? -you'll still need a tripod.

      Key is...the camera has to be very, very still...do you think the
      vibration from the machine reachs very far? It could happen, if the
      vibration is a very low frequency, it could be actually vibrating the
      film inside the camera. It's kind of like walking next to someone's
      car who has their bass turned up really loud...it kind of makes your
      internal organs "rattle".

      On your next run, see if you can take more care of locking down the
      camera.

      Sounds cool, keep it up...looking forward to seeing more!

      Shawn
    • Chris Felton
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2000
        Shawn, thanks for the tips.

        I tried using the video camera on my computer and a VHS camcorder,
        and my 35mm cammera. I could not get anything to come out. The
        device really creates alot of RFI, distorting the TV and radio
        stations, and even seems to affect film and other electronics.

        All shots were done during the day. I think the best way might be to
        get about 30 - 40 feet from the device and try to zoom in with a good
        35mm. I will try this after I do the repairs.

        I will try to get all of my spec data on this device together for a
        later release, and hopefully others can build one like it from what I
        have done. I know it gets exciting when you are building one of
        these devices, but it is important to take your time and go over your
        work to make sure things are right before continuing. If you don't,
        you will more than likely have to take it apart to fix it. Just
        think about what you are doing and the possible effects created.

        I think, when I built my firt device that inploded, that it was crude
        and couldn't really do anything, but it was mimicing the motion I
        saw. So it was a good learning aid. When I noticed it was actually
        creating a cool breeze and then warmth around the rings, I got
        excited. It would do something afterall. I thought if I could
        create a standing wave, I could tap the evergy produced. I worked
        fairly long to get the device completely balanced, and everything
        seemd to be a go for testing. I activated the device, and the cones
        started vibrating. The vibrations are very strong. Whatever you set
        it on will shake extremely hard. The device seems to slow down after
        a while, but that is deciving. The cones actually tighten up and
        vibrate faster. The top cone magnet seems to shimmer. At that point
        I had a spiraling, cool breeze moving into the bottom of the device.
        I held a cigarette below the breather, and the smoke spiraled into
        the device like a funnel cloud. I felt around the outside of the
        shell, where the rings were; it was starting to fell much warmer.
        The warmth was mainly around the area where the rings were. I
        noticed a very strange smell coming from the air holes in the sides
        of the shell. It was a very sweet smell, but familar. It was ozone
        mixed with some other smell. As the device ran, the smell got
        stronger. I only left it when I had to go to the bathroom. I just
        figured it really wasn't going to do anything else; it seemd
        stationary. After unloading a few pounds, I cam down the hall and
        saw the TV in the front room had distortion lines going across it. I
        thought it might be my device. When I went around the corner, I saw
        a strange orange glow and when I saw the device, the glow had changed
        to a blueish/white color. At that point, it made a strange sound;
        kind of a sucking, popping sound, and blew up. It was strange how
        the pieces flew. THe majority of them went straight up into the
        ceiling and a few others went every direction, but mainly up.

        SOrry for the long post, but I thought it would be a good idea to run
        through this again for the people that don't know.

        The destruction of my first device, led me to make others. To this
        date I still have yet to produce a device that will reach the
        blue/white plasma stage. I have improved much on the design, but it
        took a long time. I tried to change to many things a one time and
        made it much harder for myself. Now I feel this last 3CD will
        function flawlessly; I know what needs to be changed now.

        Regards,

        Chris Felton

        Chris Felton
      • Mike Morrissey
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2000
          Chris,
          Chris,

          Man. It's one thing to read about that on Justin's site, but it
          really hits you when you hear it straight from the horses mouth(I'm
          not calling you a horse). Amazing. Chris, as long as you are on the
          subject of photos and the like, I would suggest trying one of those
          disposable cameras from Walgreens. They don't have any metal parts or
          electronics or batteries. They are truely a mechanical shutter and
          film to take the impression. I know the shutter speed is probably not
          the fastest in the west, so if you duct tape the hell out of it onto
          a chair or something sturdy, the shutter speed won't be too
          important.

          Can't wait to see your specs. My main questions for you is the
          placement of the magnets with respect to the metal container. Is
          there a large gap from your rings to the wall? Is there a large gap
          from the rejection magnet to the lid metal? And is there a large gap
          from the base magnet to the floor metal of the drum?

          My thinking is, if you built a device in a wooden frame, without a
          drum, and you were in a metal shed, it still wouldn't work. So there
          must be a maximum size of the container, given the diameter of the
          outer support rings. I saw someones device attemp and the gap from
          the rings to the walls was huge, like half the diameter of a cone. I
          didn't think that would be near close enough.

          Thanks for the inspire---Keep us posted the best you can!

          Mike Mo.

        • shawn@kineticcom.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2000
            One thing I forgot to tell you which is very very very important...
            Build a Faraday cage around the camera. This should help protect it
            from the RF interference.

            Basically a Faraday cage is a metal screen around the object you are
            protecting. You could just build a square cage out of ungalvanized
            steel screen. You can find screen material at your local home
            improvement store. I think for this experiment you will need to use a
            screen with holes smaller than chicken wire screen. If you stretch
            the zoom on the camera, it will focus out the the thin wires of the
            screen in the foreground.

            Try it...this should help, if RF is the problem.

            Keep it up, where can we see picts and info of your previous stuff,
            is that on Justin's site?

            BTW where are you going to post those pictures, I have many photo
            enhancement tools at my disposal.

            Shawn
          • shawn@kineticcom.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2000
              I agree, I think that the metal chasis/shell has to be within a
              certain distance from the vibrating magnetic ring fields. I believe
              it has to do with how it builds the standing wave. I think the metal
              can is a "guide" of some sort, just like the "UFO wings" Justin
              speaks of.

              The "wing" pulls or pushes the "field" that forms within or around
              the device.(this is a theroy, not sure yet, just trying to use my
              imagination...)

              My reasoning stems from the example of when you play with two
              magnets. If you notice, the magnetic pull drops off exponetitially as
              you pull them further and further apart. Try it...get two half inch
              in diameter magnets, grip each one between your thumb, pointer finger
              and middle finger...one in each hand. Then holding your hands about
              3 inches apart (about 7 centimeters for you aussies out there), with
              the magnet's poles pointing in attraction, slowly move your hands
              together and feel how at certain points the magnets seem to pull
              harder incrementally the closer you get, finally there seems to be
              a "point of no return" where you no matter how many times you try
              this exercise your hands get pulled together faster than your muscles
              can react.

              That PNR (point of no return) is...what I believe you have to have
              the distance between the metal shell and the magnetic fields, or else
              the phenomenon will not occur. This PNR "gap" between the vibrating
              field and the shell could potentially act as an "amplifier" that
              pushes the energy being produced over it's line of equalibrium. At
              which point plasma starts to build.

              I read somewhere a while back that matter in a plasma state is
              actually a superconductor...essentially, if you get your machine to
              work, you are building 3 dynamic "room tempature" superconducting
              rings.

              Now I know that everyone on this list was intrigued by that simple
              experiment done with nitrogen cooled Yurittium-barium-copper-oxide
              superconductor experiment, where they float a small magnet over it.
              From the info that was gathered, it was said that the superconductor
              repels magnetic fields. There has also been a second experiment done
              where a mass has been suspended above this same setup and has shown
              that some of the mass's weight was reduced when the superconductor
              was chilled.

              http://www.ozemail.com.au/~joi/issue4/ar185.html

              How about them apples!
              Just a theory, would anyone care to add anything?

              This is such cool stuff!

              Shawn
            • Chris Felton
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 9, 2000
                Mike,

                The air space around the rings must be kept to a minimum!!! I have
                tried increasing the airspace to keep it from blowing up, but it
                makes for too much space. The best I have found it about .5" or
                less. If you can actually put the rings directly on the shell, it
                would be best. You have to try to contain the pressure to build the
                plasma field, while letting some escape out of the side holes to
                control the energy. Things must be kept tight all the way around the
                device frame! my oscillator sits about 1/2" above the breather.
                If you have too much space, the device will not build up enough
                initial energy to keep it running!

                Chris

              • Chris Felton
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 9, 2000
                  Shawn,

                  Thanks for the info, but I am an RF Engineer, Network engineer, as
                  well as many others.

                  I admit that I did not think of using any RF shielding.

                  Thanks!

                  Chris