Re: [hameltech] Re: OT: Timeline

  • mike
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2004
      Hi all,
      I am concerned that the window for completing Hamel's project may be shorter
      than I thought previously. I have been reading about the desalinization of
      arctic waters that is currently occuring due to polar ice cap melt-off and
      how this is ultimately going to cause the collapse of the Gulf Stream and
      eventually lead to global superstorms. They've already seen a decline in
      the Gulf Stream of 20% during the period of scientific measurement this
      century. Recent data showing the desalinization suggest that there may be
      only a few years left before it all collapses. This is not another rambling
      from the flim-flam, one-can-short-of-a-six-pack internet community either,
      this one comes from a report issued by the Pentagon. There are full details
      at Whitney Streiber's homepage:

      http://www.unknowncountry.com/edge/quickwatch/

      Is Hamel aware of this phenomenon? maybe someone who is in close contact
      could share this info with Hamel if it should present itself.

      --Mike

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2004
        This is true! My Girlfriend saw this on Discoverychannel the other
        day. It was about how different streems, among them the Gulf streem,
        are regulating the Eart's temperature and stabilizing the weather.

        These streems are delicate; they use differences in salt
        concentration(it is a bit more complex) in order to run. Thus, if
        (when) global warming melts our polar ice, the overall vaterlevel in
        our oceans rise, thus the salt concentration lessens per volume.
        This, in turn, collapses the Gulf stream, and will result in amother
        Ice age, somewhere, and scorched land elsewhere. This Gulf streem is,
        however, rather difficult to kickstart....

        So be as it may.

        -Gorm

      • corrigan ken
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2004
          I believe we will see several disasters before the final end David is talking about. It is from the few left over that will find David and  help in in his epic mission. Here is a trailer that show's what may be coming in the mean time.

           shine

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • magneto_freako
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2004
            Did anyone see the Discovery channels coverage on the
            magnetic pole switch? Very interesting. It talked about taking
            various rock samples from different ages of planatary upheavel
            and measuring the magnetic that was trapped/embedded in the
            rock, apparently the last one was about 780,000 ? years ago,
            and that we are well overdue for another. Also had some
            animations of the poles reversing, reminded me of a lava lamp!

            I have to agree with you Mike, the planets starting to throw a
            wobbly, which I think is more than evident in the weather
            patterns, and if we don't get a riggle on.......

            Paul.

            --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "gormhanssen"

            <mikethierfelder@m...> wrote:
            > > Hi all,
            > > I am concerned that the window for completing Hamel's
            project may
            > be shorter
            > > than I thought previously. I have been reading about the
            > desalinization of
            > > arctic waters that is currently occuring due to polar ice cap
            melt-
            > off and
            > > how this is ultimately going to cause the collapse of the Gulf
            > Stream and
            > > eventually lead to global superstorms. They've already seen
            > decline in
            > > the Gulf Stream of 20% during the period of scientific
            measurement
            > this
            > > century. Recent data showing the desalinization suggest
            that there
            > may be
            > > only a few years left before it all collapses. This is not
            another
            > rambling
            > > from the flim-flam, one-can-short-of-a-six-pack internet
            community
            > either,
            > > this one comes from a report issued by the Pentagon. There
            are
            > full details
            > > at Whitney Streiber's homepage:
            > >
            > > http://www.unknowncountry.com/edge/quickwatch/
            > >
            > > Is Hamel aware of this phenomenon? maybe someone who
            is in close
            > contact
            > > could share this info with Hamel if it should present itself.
            > >
            > > --Mike

          • jszymanek2000
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2004
              I'd just like to make a little point about the ice caps melting.
              Everyone figures the ice caps melting will cause the sea level to rise
              and flood cities. While it makes for good movies, its not correct. Ice
              is less dense than water.

              Put some ice cubes in a glass and fill it to the brim with water. Now
              wait for the ice to melt. Does the water spill out of the glass? No
              the level drops. If you don't believe me, then try it and see.

              A rise in temperature COULD make the levels rise by the water in the
              ocean expanding. Water's density varies very little with temperature,
              but there is so much that it could have an effect. However one
              important thing to consider is that water is most dense at 3.8 degrees
              C, SO if the water temp is lower than 3.8 degrees, a rise in temp will
              cause a drop in volume. If the the temp is above 3.8, raising the temp
              with increase volume. So the important thing to consider is the
              AVERAGE temp of the water. Some guy in one of my classes did a
              calculation and figured the water would rise by some large amount. The
              idiot assumed the temp of the ocean was 20 degrees C. Of course it is
              warm only very surface and near freezing once you get down a ways. By
              the enviromental groups are happy to use any data that supports their
              cause.

              I am not saying that this won't effect the Gulf streams, but I am
              saying that you need to be careful about what you believe. I have seen
              studies that show the temperature at the poles is dropping. One
              possible reason for a rise in global temps is that weather stations
              are being engulfed by cities. And cities have a bubble of warmer air
              around them from human activites.

              I don't know what is going to happen, its just something to consider...

              Justin

            • mike
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26, 2004
                I'm not sure if what I read was claiming that the melting of the ice caps
                was going to flood cities. The Pentagon released a report, a report that is
                corroborated by many different sources about the drop of salinity in the
                oceans near the ice caps because of meltoff. The ice melts (pure, non salty
                water ice) and adds itself to the salty sea, thus diluting it. Fresh water
                is less dense and more buoyant than saline water. As I understand it, the
                Gulf Stream current is basically a really big pump. In the southern
                Atlantic the water heats up, expands and is driven to the surface; in the
                north Atlantic the water cools down and sinks. It is this action that keeps
                the flow flowing, and once it stops it is very hard to restart it. While
                the Gulf Steam is out of order the north of Europe, North America and many
                other upper latitude regions no longer receive the warm waters they should
                and an ice age ensues.

                This is the real danger that we are seeing unfold even now, this is what our
                own Pentagon is reporting about. They have openly claimed that the Gulf
                Stream is NOW in the process of shutting down, and that once it does shut
                down serious climate changes and superstorm weather patterns will ravage the
                planet and its civilizations. Not great news I'd say, especially since its
                coming from the Pentagon and not some crackpot far-left doomsayer on the
                internet. Whitley Streiber's page goes into much greater detail but the
                jist is that there is a pattern that will occur before the collapse occurs.
                They say there will be warmer than normal seasons, then more and more
                violent and complex storm systems, then collapse. All supposed to happen
                within 3 years or so.

                Just to clarify, its not just the fact that the ice is melting and raising
                sea levels that is cause for concern, its the fact that the salinity of the
                ocean is changing as a result.

                Mike

> [...]
                > > > eventually lead to global superstorms. They've already seen a
                > > decline in
                > > > the Gulf Stream of 20% during the period of scientific measurement
                > > this
                > > > century. Recent data showing the desalinization suggest that there
                > > may be
                > > > only a few years left before it all collapses. This is not another
                > > rambling
                > > > from the flim-flam, one-can-short-of-a-six-pack internet community
                > > either,
                > > > this one comes from a report issued by the Pentagon. There are
                > > full details
                > > > at Whitney Streiber's homepage:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.unknowncountry.com/edge/quickwatch/
                > > >
                > > > Is Hamel aware of this phenomenon? maybe someone who is in close
                > > contact
                > > > could share this info with Hamel if it should present itself.

              • jszymanek2000
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 27, 2004
                  Mike,

                  I realize that was not what you were claiming, I just wanted to
                  clarify it.

                  There is certainly potential for a serious problem here. I have little
                  doubt that mankind's ignorance towards nature is going to catch up
                  with us, and probably pretty soon. I'm afraid the timeline for this
                  fits pretty well with other things I have been hearing. We need to be
                  as ready as we can be...

                  Justin

                • tfaliron
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 27, 2004
                    It's not the ice cap in the Arctic we have to worry about. It's the
                    ice cap in Antarctica and that on Greenland which sits on land. Once
                    that melts, the ocean's will rise as a matter of course.

                    Cam
                    --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "jszymanek2000"