11112: another tidbit

  • Matt Rock
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      Baseplate for my isotope line is finished and shellaced.
      I made it out of the particle board that I mentioned before. Using
      the star of david to make my various placements of hols and fasteners.

      Although, the procedure here at Hameltech is to build an enclosure
      for the isotope line, mine is going to built without one. The cones
      will be exposed. I have stainless steel sheeting to build a shell if
      required, but my instincts are telling me just to create an open
      structure. So I follow the instincts.......

      Other work to get into, I have a go ahead on the aluminum rings. I
      got the material which is 1/2 aluminum sheeting. I will be cutting
      out rough circular structures and then latheing them into shape.
      Excess will be used for other things that I have in mind, such as
      aluminum discs to fasten the magnets down on to the osc table.

      So far so good.....