11112: Progress....that's amore---eh?

  • Matt Rock
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2004
      Well,
      I just spent the last 6 hours in constant shop tooling and cutting
      and the like.
      I have just about completed by inner cone component/mechanisms (3).

      New tips, fashioned out of 1" solid aluminum rod, this time I got
      near perfect accuracy in all forming of them.
      All that is needed at this point is the drilling, tapping or holes on
      the cone tip and pedestal.
      I am going to be using 440 rounded head stainless steel screws/bolts
      to secure the cone skin for both contact points. There will be three
      per tip and per pedestal for the best holding capability and less
      work.
      Short lengths these screws will be, at about 1/4 length at maximum to
      not impede another part of either the pedestal or tip.
      -----------
      Next up after the drilling etc, the rims/hoops that I mentioned
      before will be made. I must achieve about 10.989 inch diameter
      exactly for the cone skin which is about 11 thousands of an inch to
      apply to to get a fundamental 11" inch cone diameter.
      ----------
      Next up after that, is to figure out a baseplate for the entire
      Djed/Isotope system that will be rigid and secure the frame and osc
      table.
      -----------
      Next up, to build various mounts that will hold the osc table in
      position. I will also be figuring away to mount the magnets properly
      to the osc table pieces. Aluminum will suffice that is disc shaped.
      ----------
      Next up, return to the quick release mechanism, and invent a useful
      release mechanism to attach to the whole assembly. I have some idears
      already in mind, including which a slide bar type arrangement which
      is adjustable and can be hinged to the main platform of the release
      mechanism assmebly.

      Aside from the structureal arrangement/fabrication, I need to figure
      out my magnetic nodes STILL. I have a few set of ratios that have
      been put up on the drawing board.

      Things are looking quite GOOD so far in all the work being done.
      I am very much happy that a machine shop just happened to be at my
      post/job to do this.......and better yet, when I go for a break I can
      stare at all the amazing pictures of galaxies and stars that are
      muralled all over the building.

      Thanks all,