Class feedback.

  • Bob West
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2008
      When I worked for a training organization in industry, we were
      involved with training employees in various skills (computer
      applications, operating systems and programming languages was my area)...

      We kept track of various levels of feedback. We didn't do all of
      them for all classes, but we applied them where we could.

      Level I (aka "Smile Sheet")
      We asked the students about the class, the facility, the
      instructor(s), and how they felt about the experience.

      Level II (what'd they learn?)
      This was a technical content exam (I think the VE Exam takes
      care of that for us!)

      Level III (can they apply it?_
      This came from the students' supervisors. Did they feel that
      their crew were better for having taken the class.

      Level IV (bottom line)
      What is the long term productivity/profitability since the
      employees are trained? This came from the managers, rolled
      up over yearly figures of all employees.

      Level III might be tracked by the club sponsoring the classes over
      a few class offerings.

      Level IV might be tracked at the state/ARRL Section level...or at
      the national level by the ARRL FES folks...

      Just a random thought. :-)