Re: [ham_instructor] Group meeting on the web... 10 registered, 33 looked, 117 voted on what

  • J.R. Reider
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
      Bad timing on the webinar for me, at least...I really wanted to be onboard for it, but I won't be home from work until 6PM Central, so I'll have to miss it.  I'd very much like to be part of the next one, though.

      I suspect part of the issue is the time of the event--Saturday afternoons are very busy for most family types during the fall season.  Just as important, I think, was the relatively short notice for the event taking place.  If it could have been posted a bit earlier, I think people could have planned more in advance to participate--I know I could have traded some shift time in order to be involved.

      JR de K0JWR--who is teaching a class of 10 new hams starting on Saturday morning, this week; including 13 and 10 year old sons of another ham!

      Saturday, October 11, 2008

      6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT, 22:00 UTC Saturday...Oct. 11th.

      After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
      information about joining the Webinar.

      System Requirements
      PC-based attendees
      Required: Windows(R) 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

      Macintosh(R) -based attendees
      Required: Mac OS(R) X 10.4 (Tiger(R)) or newer

      Space is available for everyone in the group!
      Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

      https://www1. gotomeeting. com/register/ 252996337

      I have set it up so you can use your PC's Mic and Speakers (USB boom
      headset/mic is best, mute capability is critical). Up to 25 people can have
      talking privileges at the same time. Raise your hand (log on early to learn
      about all the features of this GoToMeeting system v. 4.0 has...

      Hope everyone in the group signs up and logs on....

      I need people who will take the lead on each question... please email me if
      you are interested!

      73,
      Brian
      K9BKW