Re: [ham-radio-deluxe] Problem log book display

  • Johnny carter
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 8, 2013
      What you may be able to do is grab the corners and resize the ALE window.  Close that.  Bring it back up and see if it stayed the same size.  If it does, exit out of HRD completely, reset the screen res and bring it back up.  You should be able to see it correctly now.

      Johnny

      ________________________________
      From: Rick Bates mailto:HappyMoosePhoto%40gmail.com>
      To: mailto:ham-radio-deluxe%40yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 1:34 AM

      I see that you changed the resolution, which worked.

      However, there is another way to get there. You can also change the
      percentage above 100% (Control Panel | Appearance and Personalization |
      Display). For example, my 18" laptop (yup, it's a beast) runs Win7 in
      native 1920x1080 and that is too small (8 pt font?) for my older eyes. To
      fix that, I run 125% which is satisfactory (without reading glasses too).
      There have been no issues in doing this, except with the free Kenwood
      software (because their programmer is stupid, it won't resize beyond 800x600
      and you can't see the entire window so you can't use all the controls).

      In any case, I'm glad that you're up and running.

      73,

      Rick wa6nhc

      _____

      From: jimki6wj

      I am using a 15 inch laptop windows 7. All is good except the "add logbook"
      page is too large(verticaly) for the screen.I can not see the action buttons
      at the bottom of the page.

      ANy ideas!

      Jim KI6WJ

    • Rick Bates
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 8, 2013
        You could feed your laptop, that's petite! ;o) I'm not sure I could see
        something that small these days.

        Resizing is your next best option as you've been told (at 100%, then
        readjust to 125%). I'm sure it can work out. Let us know when you find the
        solution, there's always one more way to do things.

        Learning Windows wasn't something I intended to do, it was strictly
        self-defense. ;o)

        Rick wa6nhc

        _____

        --- On Wed, 1/9/13, Rick Bates HappyMoosePhoto@...

        From: Rick Bates HappyMoosePhoto@...
        <mailto:HappyMoosePhoto%40gmail.com> >
        To: ham-radio-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:ham-radio-deluxe%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
          Or..you can do what I did.Get a cheap LCD display and plug it into the VGA
          port and use two screens.

          Ken

          N4zed

          From: ham-radio-deluxe@yahoogroups.com

          From: Rick Bates HappyMoosePhoto@...
          <mailto:HappyMoosePhoto%40gmail.com>

          To: ham-radio-deluxe@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:ham-radio-deluxe%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
            Yea  I plan to do that to the home station when i get back  home.. Lap  top is in rv.

            Jim

            From: Rick Bates HappyMoosePhoto@...

            To: ham-radio-deluxe@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
              Hi Rick

              That kind of worked. Could not move the page after resizing. Forgot how small the print is at 100% couldnt handle that.
              Jim

              From: Rick Bates HappyMoosePhoto@...

              To: ham-radio-deluxe@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                Ok you got me! I have seen  ALE mentioned many times but really dont know what it means. Guess its time to learn  something new.
                Jim

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                  It stands for Add Log Entry.  When you click the add button the ALE window pops up.

                  Johnny

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 9, 2013
                    OK  I  was thinking  it  wa some  basic windows stuff.

                    Thanks