Re: Modify logbook + local time

  • ts530strio
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2010
      Many thanks to those who have helpfully replied via this group or by my email. I don't enter contests so prefer my own local time not UTC/GMT.
      73's Brian M1HHL
    • ld27616
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2010
        Brian,
        If you use the likes of eQSL or LOTW then your uploads won't match because they use UTC time. A classic example happened this morning, I was talking to a station on the other side of the world and today local time here is Tuesday 5th AM and his local is Monday 4th PM, imagine both upoading our local times, the qso details won't match........
        UTC is the same world over and therefore logs match.
        Cheers
        Laurie........vk7ze

        --- In ham-radio-deluxe@yahoogroups.com, "ts530strio" <heathfield@...> wrote:

        > Many thanks to those who have helpfully replied via this group or by my email. I don't enter contests so prefer my own local time not UTC/GMT.
        > 73's Brian M1HHL

      • F5JD
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2010
          TKS, Brian. I could not say it better.