Re: [ham-antennas] Feeding a Half-Wave End Fed Antenna

  • Larry Tooley
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 20, 2011
      Yes. The only trouble is the end feed will be a high inpedance not matching
      the 50 ohm coax feedline.
      Will have to have use a match box or tapped coil arangement. I think the
      tap goes to 50 ohm coax center conductor and the end goes to the antenna.
      The other end of the coil is the common ground.

      Larry
      WA9G
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 4, 2011
        I have a PAR end fed for 20m and 40m, I wound an T130-2 Toroid and made an End Fed for 40m antenna from emergency amateur radio club http://www.earchi.org/92011endfedfiles/Endfed6_40.pdf

        Now while listening on 40m I switched between the one I built and the PAR (fyi Par on e-ham got a 5 on all 342 reviews) the Par antenna gave a good signal with low noise , mine gave a good signal more noise I than switched to another Longwire antenna which uses a 9:1 balun with ground radials an increased noise, the Par antenna very low noise.

        What is it in the Par single wire,no ground end fed that makes it so good. When HF conditions are real good I can get a qso with Australia and fair conditions no problem with Europe. My antenna is only 12 to 13 feet above lossey soil (Florida Sand)

        Ed kj4fgi