Re: [halfframe35] need recommendation!!! wanna buy half frame

  • Marc Attinasi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2004
      Help us out a little... what do you want to do with it? Do you want a
      single lens or many? Do you want automatic or manual operation? Do you
      want to pay a little or a lot?

      With no other information I can still, and always, recommend the
      Olympus Pen line - there is something to suit every taste in there. The
      Pen D is a great camera, fixed lens but fast - and the Pen F / FT / FV
      series has a nice set of good lenses, but is a little pricey and
      requires fully manual metering. My personal favorites are the Pen D and
      the EED, then the Pen F

      For fully automatic operation, there is the Yashica Samurai - it has
      Auto Focus, Auto metering, and a motor drive. It is a plastic
      wonder-brick, but I do not care for it myself. I'm a kind of retro-geek
      when it comes to cameras ;-) I like them to have lots of shiny metal.

      Buy a few, try them out, they are fun and not too expensive. And think
      of the money you will save on film :-)

      Cheers!
      - marc

      On May 5, 2004, at 7:40 AM, mamspace wrote:

      > Hey, I'm a new one for this.
      > Actually I don't have a half frame camera but I want to buy one.
      > I try to see many of them from ebay.
      > I don't know which one is good. I mean which brand, which product.
      > somebody help!!!
      > Thank a lot for your kindness.
      >

      > To access the photo galleries, files areas and message
      > archives, click here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/halfframe35
      > Half Frame Camera Club here -->
      > http://www.halffg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/halffg/refinfo.html
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > <lrec_companion_043004.gif>
      > <l.gif>
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Service.

    • mamspace
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2004
        Thanks for your recommendation. From yours I think I prefer automatic
        or easy manual operation. Single lens may be great.
        However, I have another question.
        Are all chaikaI, II, III okay? I don't see this name in your mail
        And some other brand that I can't remember right now?

        I want to buy half frame because it's fascinating. I'm in love with two
        picture in one frame. That's all my reason to buy one.
        So maybe you'd imagine and have other suggestion : )
        Thank Thanks Thankss...
      • George Marks
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2004
          A good (and plentiful) camera that is fully automatic
          (only) is the Yashica Samurai. Check e-bay or the
          used sections of B&H or Adorama. You'll love it.

          http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/