Successful conference with Mufti Abdullah Nana

  • Uthman K
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2011
      As Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

      I want to thank first and foremost Mufti Abdullah for coming all the way to San Diego from the Bay area to conduct this conference. I also want to thank all those involved with organizing the conference including Sister Sugufta, Brother Shakeel, Hafiz Ali and Brother Dean. I would also like to thank the administration of ICSD (Masjid Abu Bakr) and the 30 + brothers and sisters that attended. I would like to request volunteers for initial audits of the following two locations:

      1. Poway International
      12845 Poway Road Suite 304
      Poway, CA 92064

      Hafiz Ali will be leading the audit team tomorrow so please volunteer to assist him inshaAllah.

      2. Aruba Restaurant & Halal Pizza
      4804 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105

      We have not set a time but would like to audit this market this week inshaAllah. Please volunteer your time inshaAllah.
    • Ali Ahmed
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2011
        Salamualaikum,

        I am available today at anytime.  Please let me know who else is interested in going inshallah.

        Was Salaam
        ALi

        --
        Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email or any links in it are solely those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the sender.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2011
          Salamualaikum,

          Alhumdulillah I got a chance to visit Poway International yesterday at 2pm.,  The owner, br. Sa'ad was very receptive and cooperative.  I inspected the meat and this is the report.

          Chicken:  Chicken was all machine slaughtered from Townsend, An-Noohi and another company in Texas.

          Lamb/Goat/Beef:  They were from an-Noohi who gets it from Australia and New Zealand with the certification in arabic saying "Slaughtered according to the way of Islam"  Surprisingly he is also getting beef from Australia through an-Noohi.  Lastly, he is buying some live beef provided by someone in Anaheim and then sluaghtering it himself in Chinos.

          He also carries some package bologna and other packaged meat in his store.

          Conclusion:  I told the brother that in order for us to certify him from HBSD according to standards of Zabiha Halal then the following must be met:

          1.) Chicken must be from Pitman Farms either through an-Noohi or Bayfoods (numbers were provided)
          2.) Beef must be bought from "An-Noohi Beef" in a white/green box.  And if he is slaughtering himself then proof of receipt of live animal purchase from the auction must be kept and shown at time of certification.
          3.) Lamb/Goat is ok per its packaging labels being from Australia.

          At this time we will not certify Poway international but he has made a serious commitment to change products/suppliers and follow guidelines of HBSD.  A follow-up is suggested in about 1-2 weeks.  I should be available for that if anyone wants to join inshallah.

          Was Salaam
          Ali

        • Shakil Pittal
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011

            Thank you brother Ali.
            Salams. I propose we recommend an organized folder of all receipts in chronological order. In addition for live animal zabiha, I propose we recommend a log is kept with details and most importantly with a witness signature for each zabiha.
            Shakil

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android