  • Khan Chi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2010
      Peace & love to all,

      I am looking for the book of the Autobiography of Haile Selassie I. I am looking for the most authentic that has been published of these books. May anyone help with some iformation directing me to how i can obtain such book. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

      Blessing

    • hi_lighter144@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2010
        Google: My life and ethiopia' progress... There are 2 volumes.... These are the Emperorks autobiography

        There is one other book by Leonard Mosley "Haile Selassie" it is very good on filling in the details. Its a biography
        Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone powered by Claro 3G.

        I am looking for the book of the�Autobiography of Haile Selassie I. I am looking for the most authentic that has been published�of these books.�May anyone help with some iformation�directing me to how i can obtain such�book. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

        Blessing
        K�

      • Ras Feqade
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2010
          Selam,

          If you visit the group archives for this group, the last message before yours, was me posting a link to the Amharic version.  That would be the "most authentic", as any others are all translations.

          http://good-amharic-books.com/onebook.php?bookID=455

          As for translations, I know of two.  One is in standard English, but sometimes a loose translation and I think the words lose a lot of their power in that translation by Eulendorff.  There is a bredren who has put the entire thing online at his website.

          http://jah-rastafari.com/autobiography/autobiography.asp

          The other translation is my own translation direct from Amharic into IYARIC, from a few years ago, representing the Word, Sound and Power of the I-riginal Hola Book.  The site was taken down when AOL and Yahoo closed their free webspace, and I haven't got around to putting it up again.  You can still find it here though.

          http://web.archive.org/web/20080822011743/members.aol.com/rasfeqade/fahwud.html

          ( To make sure  it is the latest version, if the 2008 part changes to an earlier year on any page, you can change it to 2008 again and then it should automatically redirect to the latest available archive version.)

          JAH Love,
          Ras Feqade Selassie I

          I am looking for the book of the Autobiography of Haile Selassie I. I am looking for the most authentic that has been published of these books. May anyone help with some iformation directing me to how i can obtain such book. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

          Blessing

        • Brian, Brian Wood, Wood
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2010
            Greetings,
            The autobiography of Haile Selassie I is actually divided into two books, I know where you can purchase these books, just let me know

            Blessed Love,
            Jah Brian

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 29, 2010
              Blessings and thanks. This information was greatly appreciated.

              Bless up.

              ________________________________

              I am looking for the book of the Autobiography of Haile Selassie I. I am looking for the most authentic that has been published of these books. May anyone help with some iformation directing me to how i can obtain such book. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

              Blessing

            • jahjim
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
                Greetings,

                If by most authentic, if you mean the first edition by the Oxford University Press, Hardbound, with dust jacket, they are usually a little expensive. I'm blessed to have one as part of my huge archive, but not two copies of that one. Of course, you might be inquiring about the Amharic language hardbound versions, one with red cover and the other blue, chock full of photos. Those too can be found, but not inexpensively.

                Please be in touch with anything I can help you find, be it books, medals, orders, insignia or other cultural items.

                Jah bless,

                Jah-Jim

                Reggae and Ethiopian Archives, since 1981

                "Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

                Haile Selassie I
                Addressing the United Nations
                4 Oct 63

                War is not the only means to stop war. Men of goodwill, who fully recognize their duties, should be able, with the assistance of all free men, to prevent war and help rehabilitate all those who were debilitated and damaged by war, in
                order to protect this precious diamond, 'Peace'.

                HIM Haile Sellassie's Message to America - Dec 25, 1937

                "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the lives of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children... this is not a way of life in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

                Dwight D. Eisenhower
                Commander-in-Chief