Giving Thanks for this Club

  • rasadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      Formed in Nov 2000 with one member we are now at an incredible 633
      members. I have collected Sellasie materials since around 1985/6 and
      when i discovered the internet and met some like minded collectors I
      thought a yahoo club would be a great place to share collections ask
      questions post photos of items etc.. and this has really gone far
      beyond what i thought it would. members in japan Germany new zealand
      all over have added thier thoughts collections and questions to the
      mix. I hope it will continue to grow and we will see more interaction
      on the site:

      and more folks joining the annex site to enjoy the photos over there:

      Remember, although many of you get club posts sent to you as email,
      this club was NOT designed as a listeserve. it's an actaully website
      with a message board i encourage you all to post at. pls post recent
      finds, perhaps a book or magazine or stamp or coin you have found, any
      cool auctions you want to draw our attention to, any questions you
      have about selassie militaria medals orders etc.. we have some of the
      most knowledgeable people out there to answer your questions so ask away.

      and please lastly i will continue to ask you all to please keep all
      posts on the narrow topic of Haile Selasssie + ET Royal materials;
      photos, books, stamps, art, monies, magazines, etc...

      if you want to post about Rastafarian topics please use the many other
      boards online for that.
      http://web.syr.edu/~affellem/rastachat.html

      This one is a secular site for Selassie memorabilia only, so pls
      raspect our clubs guidelines and focus.

      If you know anyone else who Collects pls forward them our address.

      again as is my goal every year, i would love to see a journal
      accompany this club, it could be in PDF form online, if we dont want
      to get into mass mailing issues. I think we have a strong scholorly
      base of experts here and i'd like to see it take shape in 2005.
      looking forward ever to your input feedback thoughts ideas and
      questions. one perefect love, bro ras adam simeon founder
    • java houston