Sorry for the spammers

  • rasadam
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      they get in and post nonsense from time to time. i delete them as soon
      as i can. raspect a
    • rasfeqade
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
        Selamta, massive Raspect Ras Adam, Glad to have finally joined this
        group!

        I had a similar problem with a Yahoo group I started moderatin last
        month [Amharic_Online], but I cleaned it up 100%..!

        See, you can kick out the spammers, but they will just keep comin
        back with new names...

        So, what ya do, is set the group to "NEW members require approval
        before bein allowed to post"... This is the perfect solution,
        because anyone can still join, while all the legit older posters can
        still post freely...

        Here's how the moderator does it:

        Just go through the link that says 'management' and then from
        there, click ==> 'messages' then ==> 'posting & archives edit'
        ==> 'moderation new members.'

        Whenever a new member joins after that, they will automatically be
        put into 'moderated status'... That means, if they are a spammer,
        noone else in the group will ever have to see the spam...! Once
        you are sure the new member is not a spammer, but someone who really
        wants to tek part in the RASTA REASONIN'S... then you can approve
        them and take off the moderate status, like this:

        Click on the 'edit' box next to the member's name in
        the moderator's 'members' list, then click the link that says 'edit'
        message posting privileges.

        JAH Guidance,

        I tried to explain the procedure but if you need more help just let I
        know!

        Ras Feqade I

        --- In haileselassieiofethiopia@yahoogroups.com, rasadam
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > they get in and post nonsense from time to time. i delete them as
        soon
        > as i can. raspect a
      • rasta56000
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
          --- In haileselassieiofethiopia@yahoogroups.com, "rasfeqade"
          <RasFeqade@a...> wrote:
          > Selamta, massive Raspect Ras Adam, Glad to have finally joined
          this
          > group!
          >

          > I had a similar problem with a Yahoo group I started moderatin
          last
          > month [Amharic_Online], but I cleaned it up 100%..!
          >
          > See, you can kick out the spammers, but they will just keep comin
          > back with new names...
          >
          > So, what ya do, is set the group to "NEW members require approval
          > before bein allowed to post"... This is the perfect solution,
          > because anyone can still join, while all the legit older posters can
          > still post freely...
          >
          > Here's how the moderator does it:
          >
          > Just go through the link that says 'management' and then from
          > there, click ==> 'messages' then ==> 'posting & archives edit'
          > ==> 'moderation new members.'
          >
          > Whenever a new member joins after that, they will automatically be
          > put into 'moderated status'... That means, if they are a spammer,
          > noone else in the group will ever have to see the spam...! Once
          > you are sure the new member is not a spammer, but someone who really
          > wants to tek part in the RASTA REASONIN'S... then you can approve
          > them and take off the moderate status, like this:
          >
          > Click on the 'edit' box next to the member's name in
          > the moderator's 'members' list, then click the link that says 'edit'
          > message posting privileges.
          >
          > JAH Guidance,
          >
          > I tried to explain the procedure but if you need more help just let
          > know!
          >
          > Ras Feqade I
          >

          > --- In haileselassieiofethiopia@yahoogroups.com, rasadam
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > they get in and post nonsense from time to time. i delete them as
          > soon
          > > as i can. raspect a
        • rasta56000
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003