Greetings

  • Ras Yakob <yshuasgathering@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
      greetings, I am new to this club. It looks great! I am glad you made
      it and I found it.
      I just got back from Ethiopia and wanted to share a story with you.
      you can find out more about what we are doing to help the suffering
      children there by going to this web sit http://jah1.com
      Thank you May JAH Richly Bless you
      Ras Yakob
      Here is my tale.........
      We have just boarded Lufthansa flight 0591 from Ethiopia. We have
      been guests in Ethiopia for one week now. I don't even know how to
      collect what is left of my mind to formulate a coherent description
      of what we have seen.

      Every day when we thought the sights, sounds and smells couldn't get
      much worse, we would turn a corner, enter a gate, climb a hill only
      to find just how mistaken we were.

      We found the sign less, rocky, potholed dirt road, as we made our way
      to the guarded gate. We waited. Sitting in the dirt by the gate were
      two women and a little child. The women gazed at us with the
      disinterested stare of someone too tired to care. An old man opened
      the gate to hell.

      At first they look and sound like any other children playing loud,
      hard and dirty. Then, slowly it sinks in, there are too many runny
      noses, too many scars, too many flies landing on open wounds looking
      for a mid day snack.

      Some of these children look at you like you just landed from another
      planet. When you think about it, you have. Little ones start to check
      you out to see if you are real. A couple of them dare to put their
      fragile hands in yours. Some seek to be picked up and held. Just a
      little human contact before the reaper comes for them.

      These 212 children are packed like dying cattle into a space made
      for 45 healthy kids. You look into their little eyes, wondering what
      they see. You can't even imagine, but you know what you see.

      Standing around me, holding my hands, playing with my beard and
      laughing are the lost children. These are the ones who will never
      grow up, whose greatest hope is to make it through one more day. They
      will never know a lover's kiss or hear their own baby's cries. They
      will never get to work at a job, or see their grandchildren's first
      birthday.

      These children have been condemned to death for the crime of being
      born. Being born poor in Ethiopia was not bad enough; they had to be
      born with HIV/AIDS. They ask the sisters "Why won't I be able to grow
      up like everyone else?" "Why must I die so young?" "Will you leave me
      alone in the cemetery and come back here with all of my friends when
      I die?"

      I stand mute, tickling one child holding another in my arms as his
      damp life oozes out of him.

      Dear God, I have never felt so helpless in all my life. We fly in;
      get escorted around like visiting dignitaries. We bestow our
      infinitesimal gifts and leave. While others, these giants among men
      and women stay behind and nurse these broken children. As they try
      and give them a semblance of life in this land of tragedy.

      Things will get much worse before they get better in Ethiopia. The
      problems are too immense for my aching mind to wrap around. The
      poverty is staggering. I can't imagine what this place would be like
      without the noble character of these wonderful people. The problems
      we have seem like minor annoyances compared to any one thing that
      they face daily. Yet they live with a dignity and grace we could only
      hope to emulate.

      They are tested everyday in the hottest flames of the refiner's fire
      and come out shining like the purest gold.

      Would that we might learn from them.
    • Geoff Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2005
        Give Thanks and Praises to
        Haile Sellasie I (Power of the Trinity) HIs Imperial Majesty Ras Tafari
        The King of Kings The Lord of Lord The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah The Elect of God and Light of the World
        Onelove
        Jah Guide
        Rasgeoff