Re: Wiping MV2100 Media Vault

  • bpking774
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2012
      There's nothing proprietary on the internal sata drive (sda)that ships with the MV2120 Media Vault. There is a small boot partition on there that will get wiped out if you install something else over it. It's just a normal drive. The MediaVault itself a single board system built by Marvell Semiconductor. It's using a Marvell Orion9 ARM (88F5182-A2) processor. The BIOS runs U-Boot 1.1.4 which is an old version of the universal boot utility. You can install a Debian 6 kernel on it and use it anyway you like. There is a link for doing so here:

      http://www.cyrius.com/debian/orion/hp/mv2120/install.html

      ARM says that this processor will also support Symbian and Windows CE.