google collection

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2001
      WARNING: This is going to be yet another geeky and quite-off-topic posting...

      I looked at google.com's site yesterday, and I liked how they changed
      their logo for earth-day (it's still on today, so you can take a look).
      I then remembered that in Halloween they did a similar thing, in also
      in other holidays. I decided that (artistically speaking) it's a great
      idea, and I really admire a company with such creativity.
      Then I decided - if people can collect sitex penguins, and mcdonalds
      happy-meal toys, why can't I collect Google logos?

      My first logo was
      http://www.google.com/logos/earthday.gif

      Then I started guessing other logo names (the /logos/ directory is not
      readable), and ended up with:
      http://www.google.com/logos/halloween.gif
      http://www.google.com/logos/stpatricks.gif
      http://www.google.com/logos/valentine.gif

      Then I found that they have a page with all their logos, in
      http://www.google.com/stickers.html
      Which kind of takes the fun out of this whole collection idea, but
      it's still a nice collection :)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Monday, Apr 23 2001, 30 Nisan 5761
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |An error? Impossible! My modem is error