Re: [hackers-il] This years aprils-fool-RFC:s

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2001
      On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, mulix wrote:

      > This years april-fool-RFC:s.
      >
      > Pi Digit Generation Protocol
      > http://rfc3091.x42.com/
      >
      > This protocol is intended to provide the Pi digit generation service
      > (PIgen), and be used between clients and servers on host computers.
      > Typically the clients are on workstation hosts lacking local Pi
      > support, and the servers are more capable machines with greater Pi
      > calculation capabilities. The essential tradeoff is the use of
      > network resources and time instead of local computational cycles.

      Wonderful!

      And I read it and it seems one can only request one digit in one
      transaction, not a range of them.

      But, IMO, HTTP can be used for such purposes I.e:

      http://calc.pi.org/calc-pi?start=0&end=10000&base=10

      A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
      what went wrong more quickly.