Re: What is the meaning of 100 Mb/s connection?

  • Alex Shnitman
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2001
      Hi, Gilad!

      On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 02:28:02PM +0200, you wrote the following:

      > Also, the "Magic SysReg" key can do wonders when you've managed to lock
      > he kernel to some infinte loop to find out where you are (grab the EIP).
      > I think RedHat primal sin is that they've disabled this by default on
      > they're distributions.

      It was enabled in some versions, and AFAIR it was later disabled after
      someone noted on BUGTRAQ that it's possible to use it to bypass the
      console locking program (vlock I think). I haven't heard of anyone
      actually using vlock (maybe some of the die-hard I-won't-use-X-
      because-it-loads-my-system folks), but whatever.

      --
      Alex Shnitman | http://www.debian.org

      For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.