RE: [hackers-il] The four stages of value production, software an d free software

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2001

      > Stage: Effort Value to society
      >
      > The Idea Stage 1 1
      >
      > The Development Stage 10 10
      >
      > The Mass-Production Stage 100 100
      >
      > The Mass-Distribution Stage 1000 1000

      Shlomi,

      As a good basis for future discussion I'd suggest a good definition of
      Effort, Value and Society.
      And some explanation of the scale you are using.
      I also wonder what do you mean by mass-distribution (and the diffrence from
      mass-production).

      I understand that by comparing values you mean that you compare the same
      idea at diffrent stages?
      But while the effort for idea and development is mainly centeralized (few
      people in one company usually) the production stage is distributed (many
      companies can produce cars from a single idea of a new automatic gear),
      shouldn't this be taken into account somehow?

      Chen.