Re: [hackers-il] Hidden assumptions (was: Re: University Courses)

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12 5:53 AM
      On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Shlomi Fish wrote:

      > On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Omer Zak wrote:

      [... Very Wise Words(TM) snipped ...]

      > Oh well. But you cannot do that with multiple-choice questions.

      I didn't argue about multiple-choice questions. I discussed open-ended
      questiosn (more or less).

      About multiple-choice exams, if a question was ambiguous or improperly
      parsed and you were screwed by this - the way is to submit an appeal!

      Lecturers try to design test questions to minimize the load of student
      appeals (which are a lot of trouble and waste of time to resolve one way
      or the other - all of us know that stubborn students can argue a day
      about a point even if they are wrong about it :-) ). So by submitting an
      appeal, you accomplish your part of the feedback loop which improves the
      exams.