Re: [hackers-il] [Fwd: The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics]

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2001
      On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Nadav Har'El wrote:

      > Snipped...

      It reminds of a joke I saw on a blacboard in the Technion:

      Technion = Integral from tau=-infinity to t of Hell
      Hell = Integral from tau=-infinity to t of Technion

      Conclusion: Technion = Hell = e^t

      And here's another one I saw written on a desk on Fishbach. It only works
      in Hebrew so here goes:

      Haderekh Aruka Umefutelth.
      Ani Oseh Matam,
      Oseh Matam,
      Oseh Matam

      Gam im hahavah bo'ereth
      Ani Oseh Matam Berosh Muram...

      The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of
      converting any statement that follows it into a true one.