Re: Re: Re: Lightning Speed Math Teaching

  • Alex Shnitman
    Message 1 of 53 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hi, Nadav!

      On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 12:14:28PM +0200, you wrote the following:

      > As they say, "Ignorance is Bliss"...
      > [...]

      OK, so I wake up in the morning and find out that I've been a preacher
      for ignorance and going back to the dark ages, and also responsible
      for the killing of 500 million people for good measure. Now that's a
      good way to start a day. ;-)

      > If you'd have finished highschool-level math by the 9th grade, then it
      > doesn't mean you'd learn college-level math in grades 10-12: it means you
      > could choose whether to continue with college-level math, or stop studying
      > math altogether, and spend the next 3 years concentration on subjects you
      > prefer, be they history, philosophy, or Tanach.

      Now, this actually sounds acceptable.

      --
      Alex Shnitman | http://www.debian.org
      alexsh@..., alexsh@... +-----------------------

      Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    • Gaal Yahas
      Message 53 of 53 , Jan 18, 2001
        On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 09:52:48AM +0200, Omer Zak wrote:
        > So my question is: do people actually learn precise use of language in
        > humanities?

        Oh, and another possible answer:

        Of *course* people learn precise use of language in the humanities.
        People in the humanities have big dictionaries.

        --
        Gaal Yahas <gaal@...>